cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a US registered acct. But want to sell while I'm in Canada.

Is there a way I can continue using my account or do I need create account for ebay.ca. Obviously my concern is the shipping window and charge. Any advice would be great

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@snkventures 

Honestly, it would probably be smarter to have an account setup to work from Canada, but that's me.

Using a US account to sell there opens up having to adjust and change shipping preferences, location options, etc., not to mention tax differences, and who knows what else.

I mean you could do all that, but it would be a lot smarter to just have an account there in my opinion.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The problem then would be the money exchange and tax no?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@snkventures 

I guess then it matters how long you plan to be there.  You would probably need a bank account there.  If its just for a short while, then not going to be worthwhile to do all that.

I think you are just going to have to make that decision for you, whether you want to change stuff on your current account to sell there, or setup a new account to sell there.

I know what I would do.  I would create an account for there.  Now whether I use a bank there or a bank here I  don't know.  I suppose you could do either.  As for the tax, well eBay collects that part for Canada, I'm just not sure about the tax portion in relation to what you get and how that is affected having sold stuff in Canada as income.

I have been making an assumption here.

Are you going to continue selling items in the US while you are away in Canada, or you plan to sell items from within Canada while you are in their country?  If the latter, then what I said above is for that scenario.  If you are simply managing your US selling while away, that's not really an issue, as long as you have someone to help ship out stuff and/or use the Time Away features to suspend things while you are gone.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 4 of 4
latest reply