cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handing returns from scammers

I been getting scammed lately and eBay's buyer is always right is costing me. Been on 10 years and very good feedback. I try to be honest and point out issues if any. I sell like I want to buy and do buy. If you let eBay decide your case in which buyer is always right you get a strike against your account which can limit your sales instantly. I email all my buyers tracking, ship next day and upgrade to faster shipping if possible. Always helps with ratings as you get 5 stars as you communicated plus I ship within my 2 day window.

First I sold $20 used car sun visors. Buyer states I sent them ( lollipops not cheap ones it turns out too ). I don't like suckers and eat very little candy, don't have kids, so that's not in stock. EBay told me it don't matter about your reputation you built here for years just what the buyer says. I was really shocked! Why build one here then?  Yet they have 30 feedbacks vs my 400.  I had to accept the return to and pay shipping both ways. Then when receiving them  I had to call in and say I did not sell these. After reaching a supervisor (which I was told by the overseas lady they wouldn't help) I got a refund for the $20 visors but paid shipping. Nice American lady whom I could understand too. Think retention dept.?

Now I sold nice used head lights. Nothing wrong with them as I pulled them off the car myself. I even get the screws and wiring etc. with them. Always try to include extras as helps makes sales. The overseas Chinese people can't do that. This was a used part mind you too. Customer stated he needed a receipt before using buy it now so packaged it carefully in slightly bigger box then needed. Emailed him all the info. Days later he said it was broken. Ok? So I offered a partial refund of $15 so he could glue the mounting tab on. I did this since he stated he was open to that idea.  Shortly after he just opened a case. So I messaged him that weren't we discussing this? I then had a onetime offer to send a partial refund of $25. He refused. I called eBay. After much time and many times over I was told you either take the return or we will decided against you and limit your account. She saw my pictures. Advised me to ask the buyer how it broke. So he then rated me accusing me of saying he broke it yet he accused me. I emailed him and tried calling saying we could do shipping claim and he could get $50 back and still keep the part. He could have easily broke it trying to force it on his damaged car if it was wrecked plastic don't bend to well.

Last but not least not really issue but got a neutral rating from a buyer using buy it now when it had make an offer to on a used 30 yr. old foam filled arm rest for car. "Pretty good money for such a skimpy piece" He knew what he was buying and paid full price.

Seems I have to take my part back broken and pay $24 shipping. Is this fair at all? Any issues normally I handle without eBay. Why am I paying all these fees and making all these customers happy if they don't return any service? Why it got to be so stressful and so many calls, long time on hold, many transfers to get anywhere with eBay. I miss the days we could even rate the crooked buyers. Now I don't know if they tried this and crooked buyer and eBay won't share. No customer service for buyers really.

So now I am taking more pictures, taking pictures of the boxing, the packaging with the label on it too and saving it. Any productive ideas or thoughts?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)