cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ground Advantage Package Insurance Claim

I've only had to file a USPS insurance claim once, about two years ago, and everything went quick and smooth, and they gave me my money back.  Since then, USPS came out with their Ground Advantage service and, as we all probably know by now, it automatically comes with $100 worth of insurance.  About a month ago, I sent a package by Ground Advantage, and it got damaged during shipment.  I went to file a claim at the USPS site, and the very first step in the process was them asking for the tracking number on the package and the date it was sent.  I entered both, but then USPS tells me that a claim can't be made on the package because insurance wasn't purchased on it.  Wait, what???  Am I missing something here?  Why would I need to buy insurance on a package that, supposedly, automatically comes with it?  The only info I gave on the package was the tracking number and date it was sent, and USPS throws up a brick wall preventing me from going any further with the claim.  Could somebody please clarify what's going on here, and tell me why they're telling me insurance wasn't purchased on a Ground Advantage package that should automatically have it.  Is anyone else running into this problem?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0