cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grace period for top rated sellers . . .

I assume this is just an automated message generated by eBay algorithms, but it's most unappreciated. I'm in the process of moving my business and home across the country, so at this time, I'm not selling. I'm at least 3 months away from being able to sell again. Is there a way to maintain my top rated seller status during this hiatus? Or will I have to start over again? I would appreciate any good info or advice. Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You are measured on a rolling 12 months.  So if your volume falls below that needed to be top rated, you will be rated above standard under your volume picks up to TRS levels again.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Here is their policy on TRS Grace Periods:

eBay Top Rated Seller grace period

If you are a Top Rated Seller and fall below the sales and tracking requirements for Top Rated Seller status, you may qualify for the Top Rated Seller grace period. During the Top Rated Seller grace period you retain your Top Rated Seller status and benefits, and you have two evaluation cycles to get your transaction count, sales amount, and/or tracking requirements back to minimum requirements.

You're eligible for the grace period if you fall below Top Rated Seller standards due to any of the following:

• You have fewer than 100 transactions with US buyers over the most recent 12-month period
  • You have less than $1,000 in sales with US buyers over the most recent 12-month period
  • You've uploaded shipment tracking within your promised handling time for less than 95% (but not less than 90%) of transactions with US buyers in the last 3 months

You're only eligible for the Top Rated Seller grace period when:

• You otherwise have a Top Rated Seller performance rating; and
  • You've been a Top Rated Seller for the last 3 (or more) consecutive months immediately preceding evaluation

If you don't meet sales and tracking requirements and performance standards after the grace period ends, you will lose your Top Rated Seller status and benefits.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 3 of 3
latest reply