cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering in product search does not work

As far as I understand, Ebay has stopped saving cookies.
Ads that were opened are no longer marked in pink in the search results and this complicates any search for a product. Searching using filters gives a blank white screen and does not find products, but I know for sure that there are a lot of them and they exist. The filters themselves do not work correctly and each time they produce a different number of search results and periodically the error “It’s not you, it’s us!” I have the latest version of Google Chrome and for a few more days everything was fine... How can I return everything back to normal?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Searching using filters gives a blank white screen and does not find products

Try temporarily disabling your ad blocker to see if that allows search results to load better.

If so, the problem may be with a particular set of filters -- "Anti-circumvention" filters in Ad Block or "ABP Filters" in Ad Block Plus or similar. You may be able to disable just those filters and still block ads on eBay.

If that does not help, try another browser to see if that makes a difference.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hello, thanks for your answer. I tried these options and completely disabled any blockers. But this did not give any result. I got used to setting up filters so that they don’t kill the page. But what’s most confusing is that viewed ads are not marked with pink text.

I tried it on my laptop with Chrome and Safari and on another laptop in Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge in any ad categories. But ads are marked as viewed only until the page is reloaded, then they are marked again as unviewed. How to return everything as it was? Or is eBay testing some changes?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

A while back eBay started adding extra information to the links in the search results. Because of the extra information, the links may no longer show up as having been visited, since the information changes when the search results are reloaded. This may be what you are seeing.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply