cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake Items Sold on EBAY FRAUD

FRAUD once again.  I would like to see the seller of the FAKE earrings removed from EBAY. I have reached out with no reasonable response from the seller. No where in the advertisement for these earings does it state Moissanite or Non Diamond. It states Natural Diamond. Princess Cut Diamond Earrings. Main Stone: Diamond  Diamond Clarity Grade: Very, very slight included (VVS1)  Diamond Color : G  Diamond Colour Grade: D  Material: 14 K White Gold, Natural Diamond Stone.  I know the price was amazing. (too good to be correct) BUT EBAY does not allow FRAUD to take place???   Now the seller states "If you want real diamonds we can get them"

I would like EBAY to stand behind their rules. I paid to have the "Diamonds" appraised. Why should I pay to return and be out the money for authentication to catch a scammer?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you file a "not as described" return, the seller will be required to refund you directly or provide for return shipping and refund once the item is received back.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-items-not-received-refunds-buyers/return-item-refund?id=404...

If the seller does not cooperate, ask eBay to step in after three business days.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks, let me add a little input on this seller. They are already claiming that they had advertised the item as Moissanite. They did not. I have a copy of all advertisement. I can pay to have the existing stone replaced with diamonds as advertised. The questions here is, Would you trust them to refund your money, especially since they are obvious scammers? I am not paying for shipping for a scammer.  EBAY should step in and take them off EBAY and refund my money and go after them with their legal team/department  that they have there at the company.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If you follow eBay's "not as described" procedure you can get your money back without the seller's cooperation, and without paying for shipping. If the seller provides a prepaid label you must return the item, though, to get the refund.

Then leave appropriate (calm, factual) feedback for the seller without mentioning the eBay case once you have been refunded. "Seller advertised XYZ, but delivered ABC instead and claimed that was what I had actually ordered."

Message 4 of 4
latest reply