cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay scammer

How do i dealt with a potential ebay scammer I already payd for a item via paypal and then the seller starts telling me he/she doesnt accept paypal and wants cashapp, Im trying to get refund and also report this user on ebay but I cannot find the right place to do this or how to contact ebay about this issue. This person is asking for a payment method outside of ebay after I just bought and I have evidence I just do not know how to contact ebay about this. I feel this person has no intention of shipping my item.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Ebay scammer

Do you see the payment in your PayPal account and does it show as "Completed"?

If so, let the seller know that you will not pay outside of eBay checkout and that you expect to receive your item quickly. Let them know if you don't receive the item you will report this to eBay.

You can open a request after the last estimated delivery date has passed.

Resolution Center:
http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/
This was in the listing. Did you read it?
eBay Money Back Guarantee:
http://pages.ebay.com/ebay-money-back-guarantee/
Do not close the request until you have your refund. Ask eBay to step in if the seller doesn't resolve the problem.

If the payment is unclaimed you should see the option to cancel the payment and you can report the seller to eBay.

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.
Sunny

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Ebay scammer

it doesnt have a estimated date. And i cant confirm if i will get my $$ back or not https://i.imgur.com/Wz3SSKe.png this is the proof of the msg the seller is asking me to send via cash app after i payd using paypal, so it means the seller has no intention of shipping and just wants to scam me.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Ebay scammer

i already talked him into trying to cancel the order bc its highly likely im dealing with a scammer
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Ebay scammer

Sellers have to set up a shipping method and handling time when they list an item unless it is listed No shipping Local pickup.  You see the estimated delivery time when you land on the listing.  What is the item number?  

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Ebay scammer

ah yes by or before march 7 i want to know how i can report a illegit seller on ebay as well as getting a refund. because i have message proofs the seller messaged me to use cash app even tho it wasnt a accpeted ebay payment method and it also wasnt mention in the description that they only accept cashapp. they msged me after i payd via paypal.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Ebay scammer

You've paid, right?  Then ignore the seller for now and on March 8 file an item not received dispute if you haven't received it and report the seller for trying to get you to pay in a method that's not allowed.  

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Ebay scammer

Do you see the payment in your PayPal account and does it show as "Completed"?

Sunny

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Ebay scammer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sellers have to set up a shipping method and handling time when they list an item unless it is listed No shipping Local pickup.  You see the estimated delivery time when you land on the listing.  What is the item number?  

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Ebay scammer

@Anonymous, This thread is over a year old.

Sunny

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Ebay scammer

Anyone buying from a seller on Ebay should only ever pay through  PayPal , no other method unless it is cash on collection , anything else and you are leaving yourself wide open to scammers

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Ebay scammer

Zombie thread. PayPal is one of many secure options available to buyers.
No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply