cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay ended listing stating hazardous materials

I got an email from ebay saying they ended my listing for vintage bubble lights stating it was hazardous material. Why are there pages and pages of bubble lights still for sale on ebay? Is it the quantity (approx 80 lights)? I'm beside myself and feel unfairly punished since so many other listings are still active. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ebay ended listing stating hazardous materials

There is a "Report item" link on every listing to report those items you think may have been overlooked.

https://www.poison.org/articles/bubble-lights-the-hazards-of-nostalgia

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi @keepingupwiththejonses 

There does seem to be an unusually high number of listings for an apparently banned item.  🤔

I don't know anything about bubble lights ... but I did want to caution you against EVER relisting any item that's been pulled ... even if you are certain it was pulled by mistake.

The listing goes on a bot's radar the first time it is removed ... and future listings of the item will be discovered quickly and removed.  Selling restrictions will soon follow until you are permanently restricted from selling.  

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I'm not thinking about relisting them. I'm actually thinking just the opposite... like saying enough is enough.  Things have changed so much, not much for the better. There used to be a sense of fairness, sellers were protected from "not as described" scams, and thhere was a clear means to actually talk to someone on the phone. 

The lights were sent to me from a couple different auctions. No problem. Stores still sell them and ship them to buyers.  No problem. And there's countless bubble lights (including many many many NOMA brand) available for sale on ebay. So I'm still perplexed. Thanks for trying to answer my question tho

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Sorry, I don't roll that way. Who am I to stop someone from selling bubble lights that prob'ly came from their parents estate.  Too much of that in the world today. IMO.

If ebay wants to put me on payroll...

Message 5 of 5
latest reply