cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy method to track fees for tax time.

So, I am 1 of the many who has been spoiled by the simplicity of using Godaddy bookkeeping software.

Since they decided to shut down shop mid year it seems like a bit of a headache.

I have a more than full time job, so time consuming bookkeeping does not seem fun. I am not very skilled on the computer and do not even know my way around excel. I do not want to learn a complex software like quickbooks.

I only sell maybe 20-30 items a month, I am thinking my best bet may be blank spreadsheets where I can just log my ebay fees, cost of goods and that sort of thing.

I am totally spoiled after having this data pulled from ebay for me, I just entered my cost of goods, expenses, mileage.

What is the best method to find this data on ebay? I know they only store data for 90 days so I want to stay on top of it. I guess I am just looking for sellers who have a good easy method to log any data needed for taxes.

Thanks for any pointers.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You can get data going back more than 90 days through the payment system.  You can download a transaction report that includes all of your sales and fees. You can see all of this year and last year, and even into 2020 - that is as far back as I can test since I didn't start in the new payment system until mid-2020.

If you want to keep running totals and not wait for the end of the year, set up a spreadsheet in the same format as the transaction report.  Then you can add the new month without having to type all of the data - just copy from the report and paste it into your spreadsheet.  Run the transaction reports here - https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin/report

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

My spreadsheet looks like this and I just enter each sale as it come in:

juanmogamer_0-1658676937721.png

I get the information on sales using the View Payment Details option:

juanmogamer_1-1658677130452.png

If the shipping cost is different from the buyer paid shipping, that information is on the first View Payment Details page if you buy your labels through eBay.

ALWAYS be honest and exceedingly FAIR!

The Volunteer eBay Community Mentor formerly known as juanmogamer
Message 3 of 3
latest reply