cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do people not read?

In the past month I have had 2 return requests - 

1) Clearly stated in the description - Note - CD player does not work.   Buyer stated she did not realize it and would I take a return.  That one ended ok.

2) Buyer returned item stating wrong item sent.  It was a hardcover book.  Buyer stated they thought they were purchasing a CD.  No where in my listing states a CD.  In fact it states 1st edition and hardcover

We'll see where ebay stands on number 2.  Can they just state not as described and it was an accurate description?   

Very frustrating.  It feels like this is happening more often.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Do people not read?

Happens all the time.  Often it is them laying the groundwork to file and INAD because they don't want to fess up and file a Buyer's Remorse claim because they don't want to have to pay for return shipping.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

And forgot about the 2 return requests about 3 weeks after receiving their item (book) - they stated they did not like the book.  AKA - they read the book, did not like it and wanted to return it.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@gwco2005 wrote:

And forgot about the 2 return requests about 3 weeks after receiving their item (book) - they stated they did not like the book.  AKA - they read the book, did not like it and wanted to return it.  

I've had that happen too.  I sell all kinds of craft books.  Over the years I've had a few returned likely after they created the patterns they wanted to.

You are not alone.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 4
latest reply