cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged package item on delivery

Hi

I am fairly new seller and have problem with one of my sales. Until now i have 100% positive feedback and want to keep that way but here is the  problem:

Recently I sold item to buyer in Spain . Buyer recived package in very bad condition( ripped package and damaged item inside) and send me pictures of damaged package . Buyer didn't put any damage claim at post ( as far as he told me) and now want full or parcial refund because he state that i am guilty for poor package. I think that he should make claim at post office because of damage and refuse to collect package in such bad condition. I dont want to suspect that he broke package while he opened and damage item. I sents many items in similar packages all around the world and so far no report of damaged items inside.

I am from EU so I am not sending packages with USPS . Even I paid almost 40$ there aren't insurance for package value with my post courier.

How can i protect myself ?

Best regards

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Hi, the USPS insurance protects you. You need to file the insurance claim. The buyer is protected by the money back guarantee. Refund the buyer and then file the insurance claim.