cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused by Tracking Message

Tracking for my purchase says ALERT MID USER NEEDS TO BE REGISTERED.  

Does anybody know what that means?  

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Confused by Tracking Message

Hi @gosimus , Tracking says all kinds of nonsense lately.  If I had to guess, I'd guess somebody had their scanner on the wrong setting or something innocuous like that.  The package is to you, so any weirdness is the shipper's problem.  The USPS site currently says the label was created and nothing more (screenshots).  Good luck!

tenbigdogs_0-1648878410760.png

tenbigdogs_1-1648878550825.png

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @gosimus   I know that MID = Mailer Identification, but I don't know what they must do to resolve the problem. On the USPS website, the "alert mid user" scan is no longer showing in the tracking history.

tree*fern
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi @gosimus , Tracking says all kinds of nonsense lately.  If I had to guess, I'd guess somebody had their scanner on the wrong setting or something innocuous like that.  The package is to you, so any weirdness is the shipper's problem.  The USPS site currently says the label was created and nothing more (screenshots).  Good luck!

tenbigdogs_0-1648878410760.png

tenbigdogs_1-1648878550825.png

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hi @tree*fern   Yesterday the tracking had that weird message, and today the item was delivered.  If I had just waited one more day.  Thanks for the reply, and I apologize for negligently including that number in my screen shot. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hi @tenbigdogs   Thanks for the help.  If I had only waited one more day ... today the item arrived.  Sorry for crying wolf, and thanks for you-know-what (I don't want to violate # 12).  🤐  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@gosimus  You're welcome! I did the same thing, posted a link to your tracking number at USPS. Forgot posting tracking numbers was a no-no.  Someone must have reported, oh well.

tree*fern
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 6
latest reply