cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmed delivery but not received

I was wondering how eBay handles the following situation.  An item was shipped via FedEx ground and was delivered.  Buyer states that he has video of the delivery.

He states when he has footage of the delivery but claims FedEx mishandled the delivery because it was on the cement out in the open. 

He claims to not have any video footage of what happened to the package, but it was gone when he got home.

As far as I know, no special delivery instructions were requested.

the buyer requested a refund, so I’m not sure how to proceed.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@nikeiscool13  A sellers job is done once tracking shows delivery to the buyers address.  If they file a not received refund request respond with the tracking that shows delivery and you win the case.

The buyer is responsible for having a safe location to receive packages.

This is a matter for the police and their homeowners/ renters insurance.

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Would the recommended process be to reply with the tracking number and reiterate what the buyer stated (video showing delivery to the correct address) and leave it at that (and see if the buyer gets eBay involved after the waiting period)?

Or should I request eBay get involved when the waiting period is over?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@nikeiscool13   There is nothing for a seller to do once tracking shows the item was delivered.   Neither the shipping company, eBay, or the seller are responsible for stolen packages.  No one is going to refund the buyer.  That is why the theft needs to be reported to the police and then homeowners/ renters insurance depending on the value and the buyers insurance policy.

This is a sad thing to have happen but porch pirates can hit anywhere.     

There's no need for a seller to contact eBay customer service.  When/ IF the buyer files a refund request the seller just has to provide the tracking that proves delivery and they will not be required to refund the buyer. 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 4 of 4
latest reply