cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sell Diamond Testers on eBay??

I am a seller who focuses on Jeweler's tools and equipment, and many of our items are Diamond testers, diamond scales, and the like. For obvious reasons, when listing these items I put the word "diamond" in the title and description, since it is a DIAMOND TESTER. This morning, after attempting several times to list a Ceres Czeckpoint, eBay gave me the error stating that I cannot have the word "diamond" ANYWHERE in the title or description. The error I get is the following:

You can not submit your listing due to the following problems

For a better search experience, listings can’t have the word “diamond” in the title or description unless the listing is for an actual diamond. Imitation or simulated diamonds need to be described using the actual material the stone is made of, such as: Biolite, Cubic Zirconium, Glass, Plastic , etc. Please go back and edit your listing.

{e46022-150482x} 

This error does not apply to me; I am not selling diamonds or diamond simulants and I am not attempting to sell fake diamonds to buyers. I am selling a tool designed to help people distinguish real diamonds from fake ones. I am listing my items under the correct category (Jewelry & Watches > Jewelry Design & Repair > Jewelry Tools > Testing & Identification Tools). Tons of my listings have the word diamond in them, due to the fact that they are used FOR DIAMONDS. How am I to get around this? Or sell effectively if I can't list the purpose of the tool? 

Things I have tried:

• Changing Category (I get the same error regardless of category, and I always use the Testing & Identification Tools subcategory for my testers)
  • Using "Sell Similar" - in fact, I tried that first, and then I tried a completely new listing and both times I got the error. I even tried submitting an old draft with Diamond in the title and it still did not work.

UPDATES: 

• Taking "Diamond" out of the title fixes the problem, but this is NOT IDEAL, as any buyer wanting to look at diamond testers without a specific one in mind is obviously going to put "DIAMOND TESTER" in the search bar. My items will not show up in the search and this makes using keywords in the title impossible. How does this allow me to sell effectively? A couple of my best selling items are going to be drowned in searches.
  • I have been on the phone with eBay support for ~1 hour now, after having been transferred twice, and have been on hold the majority of this time.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)