cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find "local pickup" as a shipping method if I sellect another one as primary

Ive created a couple of listings.  The on reference I see to "local pickup" is if I choose it exclusively.  I'm selling a boat anchor which is expensive to ship, so want to also include a local pickup option (but keep other shipping options).  It seems like I can't add the option and still keep the other shipping methods.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Can't find "local pickup" as a shipping method if I sellect another one as primary

You are correct.  I went to one of my drafts, and if I select Local Pickup, I cannot select an additional shipping method.  If I select a shipping method, I can click to select additional shipping options, but Local Pickup is not available.

I suggest listing with a shipping method.  Then if someone local purchases the item, you can always refund the shipping if they paid it.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you four your suggestion.  If I'm not mistakeen, E-Bay charges their commission on shipping value as well, so you end up out  that money.  What I'm trying in the meantime (hopefully "legal as far as E-Bay is concerned) is a note to contact me before buying if the customer wants to pick up the item and I'll manually change the shipping terms to "Pick up localy" and then OK the purchase.

I don't know why E-Bay made this change, but it's far from helpful.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply