cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer will not return item unless I send the replacement first

Hello, I recently have an order that I mixed up and sent the incorrect items to 2 different people, applied incorrect labels on 2 items. Everyone has done this at one point. But, anyway the situation is that one of the buyers returned the item no problem and I sent a refund because that's what he wanted. The other buyer refuses to return the item unless I send the replacement first. I know ebay's procedure is to receive the return first before any action should be taken. How should I handle this? Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Buyer will not return item unless I send the replacement first

@mdy69 

< The other buyer refuses to return the item unless I send the replacement first. >    

I can't predict how obstinate the other buyer is – or you either, for that matter – but it sounds to me like you're going to be butting your head against a wall for a long time if one of you doesn't relent.  I'd suggest that the one who created the problem in the first place be the one to make that move.      

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

But how will I be protected by ebay if the buyer never returns the incorrect item if I send the correct one first. I know the buyer is protected if he sends the return first by ebay holding the funds and refunding automatically if I never do.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I think with this buyer you might have to suggest that they open a return request and get a refund instead of the replacement. Then invite them to buy the item again - offer a little discount for their trouble.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi @mdy69, An informal resolution has stalled.  It sounds like you better play this one by the book.  The buyer needs to file a return for item not as described, you send them a return shipping label, and upon receipt of the item back, you refund in full.  Good luck!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply