cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer wants to return an item but not pay for return label.

Hi everybody -

I need to find out how to deal with this problem, please.

The buyer wants to return an item but doesn't want to pay for the return shipping cost,  even though my listing says the "buyer pays for returns".  I have no problem with refunding in full (including shipping costs for shipping TO buyer), but feel that paying for return shipping goes beyond purchase agreement.  

I also do not know how to issue a return label, so need help on that, as well.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer wants to return an item but not pay for return label.

Whether or not you pay for return shipping depends on the buyer's reason for the return. If he is returning because the item doesn't match the description (including damage), then you pay return shipping.

Advice the buyer to start a return using the option next to the transaction in his Purchase History. At that point either you or eBay accepts the return and the return label is provided to the buyer.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Whether or not you pay for return shipping depends on the buyer's reason for the return. If he is returning because the item doesn't match the description (including damage), then you pay return shipping.

Advice the buyer to start a return using the option next to the transaction in his Purchase History. At that point either you or eBay accepts the return and the return label is provided to the buyer.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you very much for your help - much appreciated & helpful.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply