cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer seems to be trying to scam sellers selling used DVDs

I had a buyer message me accusing me of selling  a counterfeit DVD and demanding their money back. They also indicated in their correspondence that they've made the same accusations to other sellers. I know the DVD is not a counterfeit, and I even provided pictures of the DVD that show the areas of it that the seller claims are proof that it's fake, so it's not as though it's a feature on the DVD that the buyer didnt know was there. They are demanding a full refund without returning the item. I'm inclined to let it go to ebay admin because I think this is a scam. Is there any way to report this buyer?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer seems to be trying to scam sellers selling used DVDs

@interp.audrey   If they filed a refund request then you need to accept it and then ask eBay to step in. 

If eBay rules against you then they will force a refund you will get a defect.  

If they have not filed a refund request yet then  I'd contact CS.  

Contact us>  type agent in the chat box: 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/report-issue-buyer?id=4084&st=12&pos=1&quer...

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@interp.audrey   If they filed a refund request then you need to accept it and then ask eBay to step in. 

If eBay rules against you then they will force a refund you will get a defect.  

If they have not filed a refund request yet then  I'd contact CS.  

Contact us>  type agent in the chat box: 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/report-issue-buyer?id=4084&st=12&pos=1&quer...

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

This addressed the matter perfectly. Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply