cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer requested return due to damage - I have no return policy, but trying to help --

Hello,

Hoping to find some insight on this issue --

I sold a purse last week, mailed it out in a padded flat rate envelope -- it was a flexible Vera Bradley bag with a hard/cardboard type bottom to it. I made sure when I packed it that the bottom was very flat and the rest folded around it (to specifically ensure it wouldn't bend).  I got a message from the buyer a day ago saying that the bag was in good condtion as stated, but the bottom was bent due to my packaging. She's asking what I can do for her. I have a "No return" policy, but I do not want any negative feedback. I've asked her for photo proof of damage, and she has sent me more messages stating the same "the purse came damaged, the board it bent". I told the seller that I realize it is bent, but I need to see proof of it before I move onto the next step. Still no photos. 

Is this the right way to go? If she does send proof, and I issue her a refund how do I go about it? Do I refund her completely and then expect it to be sent back, or refund for just the bag then refund for shipping once it's received? I am very unsure of how to proceed. 

Please let me know what you all think. I am trying to be helpful and fair to buyer, but I don't want to get taken either.

Thanks 🙂

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)