cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer is local but paid for shipping - can I refund the shipping?

So my buyer ended up being local but paid for shipping because I wasn't offering local pickup.  Can I refund the shipping and then just arrange for pickup?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@dish_queen    Without tracking to prove delivery OR a QR code for a Local Pick Up sale you will lose a not received refund request if the buyer files one.  

If you are still subject to fund holds then your funds will be held 30 days if you don't have the QR code for Local Pick Up, the buyer receives the code from eBay.   You then select arrange pick up on the app when they come to pick up and scan the code or enter the 6 digit code.

If it's a lower cost item you might be fine and just mark the item as shipped from the drop down menu next to the sold item.

If you wish to have proof of delivery then you have to cancel the sale as problem with buyers address.  Refund the buyer. Relist with Local Pick Up ONLY.   Then the buyer pays again.

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks @comics-scifi-collectibles  - glad I checked.  I kind of remember now seeing a YouTube video that mentioned the QR for pickup.  I'd rather not risk anything and don't think I want to put the buyer (and myself) through the whole refund & pay again process.  I'm not subject to hold anymore but still - I had a flurry of activity on this item at the last minute with offers and he came in at full price - so I was just trying to give him a break if I could.  Thanks for your help!  Trying to minimize the expensive lessons while I'm still new 😉

Message 3 of 3
latest reply