cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in EBAY VAT handling process

I have a complex and unusual problem with EBAY and EBAY's VAT processing.

Being in EU, when I buy EBAY, EBAY will charge VAT and will handle this with the officials and all is fine.

In this case I had two items, A and B, from two different sellers, in my shopping cart. I ordered both and paid VAT for both. Doing the math on the items and the VAT amount, the numbers all tally.

Item A arrived last week and all was fine.

For item B, I received notice from the post office to pay VAT. Which is strange because I already paid VAT.

When I look up the transaction there is a "View Tax invoice" on both items. If I click on View for item A, I get the TAX invoice for item A, which is correct.
If I click on view for item B, I get the TAX invoice of item A!!!

Perhaps this is why the post office is charging me VAT again - VAT admin error by EBAY.

What complicates matters is that in addition to paying VAT again, I now have to pay an admin fee for the 2nd VAT payment. And that makes the item very, very expensive.

I contacted EBAY customer service and they are willing to re-imburse VAT but not the admin fee. And it is clear that there is a bug in the EBAY VAT handling system: when asking invoice for item B I get the invoice for item A.

Is there any way to escalate this? How to proceed?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bug in EBAY VAT handling process

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi, thank you for the pointer but I'm neither on facebook nor twitter.

"being on ebay" is enough for my vices...

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Suggest then you try one of EU discussion boards.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply