cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bogus auctions

Has anyone else been excited to get the final bid on an auction item(s), paid for the stuff. Then get a refund statement from eBay saying seller can’t deliver due to  OUT OF STOCK or DAMAGED GOODS.  Just wondering how often this happens. I did send in a complaint and was told I would not be privy to the outcome, in other words they may or may not contact the person I am complaining about or let me know if there is a recourse. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bogus auctions

It does happen and seller will get a strike for it and can still be charged ebay fees.  There is nothing for you to report if seller did not try to lie and say you requested it or there was an address problem to avoid these penalties.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It does happen and seller will get a strike for it and can still be charged ebay fees.  There is nothing for you to report if seller did not try to lie and say you requested it or there was an address problem to avoid these penalties.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Ya that’s all well and good, a strike, if they catch it.  If you do not have the product, you should not list, if it’s already damaged you should not list.  This auction was a fishing expedition, nothing more and I would like everyone in the community to know that andha9105 is not a reputable seller. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The fact seller selected Out of Stock/Damaged, automatically gets him the penalty.  If seller really wanted to scam you, he would have selected a different reason to avoid the penalty.  You'd also probably see it relisted.  If the seller repeatedly does this that would be different and ebay would end up restricting him.  Sometimes inventory does get out of sync with your listings, or an item is found damaged when reinspected before shipping.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply