cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking Overseas bidders USA address

Hi, I recently listed an item that was won by a buyer in Taiwan which I don't sell to overseas buyers, relisted and it was won by a China buyer, both with Oregon USA addresses. After getting the runaround for two hours, from two different Ebay agents, leading me to believe I could block these foreign  buyers, the one finally comes clean at the end of conversation, that as long as a person from another country uses a USA address, (3rd party shipping company), they can't be blocked. He then tells me I can block bidders by looking at their profile? What if it's a fresh bidder, who bids at final seconds of the auction? He states that because a bidder is registered in China, they have a USA address because they have moved to the USA, which is why they are allowed. Funny how all these overseas bidders are living at the same shipping company address  in Oregon? I have been burned by overseas buyers only, and do not want to use third party shippers. This is all for obvious reasons, because ebay could care less if the buyer gets burned, they only care about the money. If these buyers can be blocked, they make it difficult to do,but if the help agent knows what they are talking about, they can't, so is it safe to say I'm screwed?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@hawaii5013 

You can not block international members using a US freight forwarder, except as you described, by their specific ID.

Reshipping the item voids the money back guarantee, so you should not be exposed to any additional loss after the initial delivery to the freight company. You do have to ask eBay for assistance if a claim is opened, as the system will not see that the item has been reshipped.

You can block buyers with primary shipping addresses in countries you do not ship to - this will eliminate the buyers that keep their own address as their primary and enter the freight company at checkout.

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

They all have the same Oregon address because Oregon has no sales tax so that is were the freight forwarder are .

On the east coast it is Delaware with no sales tax.

Sellers are only responsible for getting the item to the US address. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi, thanks for the reply, I was scammed years back, by a person in China, who used a Westminster California, shipping address. I had sent an $350 Omega watch, being sold for parts, they waited until the last day to ask for refund, item not as described. I of course explained to ebay that it was sold for parts, and they granted the refund anyway. Then the buyer sends back a cheap pair of gloves instead. I told them this was resent to a Chinese buyer, from California, and they did not care. How are they going to know if it's resent? In this case it was and they didn't care. In this case I couldn't even leave a bad feedback because by the time I got the gloves, it was too late.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It looks like I have no options as all bidders appear from overseas, maybe I'll have to list buy it now with best offer with an overinflated asking price,  then accept an offer from a us buyer. If I listed for a $1000 and excepted $500 will I be charged fees for the $1000, if it didn't sell or I cancelled the listing? Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply