cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bidder canceled

The bidder canceled the bid, reason given was that I changed the description of the item. HUH? Is there a way to contact that bidder to find out what I did wrong? I DID lower the price before they bid but I dont think I changed anything else after the bid.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bidder canceled

You really can't change much after a bid; so I suspect the bidder just had a change of heart, but still had to choose from a list of options as the reason to retract their bid.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@cathyscholtens 

Bidders can really only legitimately retract their bid if they entered the wrong amount as a typo ($999 instead of $9.99). Then they have to rebid the correct amount.

That bidder used another reason to get out of it, is my guess.

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You really can't change much after a bid; so I suspect the bidder just had a change of heart, but still had to choose from a list of options as the reason to retract their bid.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

The bidder "picked a lie" from the retraction menu (which is now only 2 items long: the seller changed the description after the bid, or the bidder made a typo in entering the bid amount which s/he will correct by rebidding the correct amount once the retraction goes through).  eBay seems to have totally given up on enforcing the rule against doing so.   Add the bidder to your Blocked Bidder List and cancel any other bid s/he has pending on your auctions; that's about all you can do (short of buying up enough eBay stock to replace the management who ignores the problem).

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks everyone

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Yep, I just wish I knew why for real. Oh well. Thanks for your answer and time!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yep, I just wish I knew why for real. Oh well. Thanks for your answer and time!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Super helpful ideas. Thanks!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply