cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appeal was denied and nobody will tell me why

I’m a seller that supposedly is under seller protection. I sold an item and the buyer put in a false claim saying the item wasn’t as described which is not true. The item was described in the description and I explained it via email with the buyer about the item and the condition of it before he purchased it. After we discussed it, he bought the item. Well he made a false return claim and got his refund. I appealed it and got denied. I called eBay back and explained the situation to the agent and they appealed it again, agreeing with me that I have proof in the emails that the item was described and the buyer understood that. I got denied again. I called eBay again asking why I’m being denied my appeal when I have proof that the item was described and they told me they don’t have a way to contact the appeal department to get an answer for me, that I should reply back to the email that was sent to me and talk to the appeal department that way. Well I tried that and there’s no way to reply to the email and it says on the very bottom that they don’t check this email box, so don’t respond back to the message. All I want is an explanation why I got denied for my appeal when I’m under seller protection and I have proof for my case and the appeal department isn’t honoring it. Does anyone know how I can resolve this matter and get the $350 that eBay took from me? I feel like eBay has stolen

my money, and they’re not giving me any explanation why.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@chrisara1641 

When a buyer files the Return Request, claiming "Item Not As Described", Ebay will ALWAYS side with the buyer, so it behooves the seller to accept the Return Request, provide a return shipping label and issue a full refund to the buyer upon receiving the returned item.

If you refuse to cooperate with the return request, the buyer can ask Ebay to step in. Ebay will ALWAYS side with the buyer and issue them a refund out of the seller's account and let the buyer keep the item.

Why didn't you just accept the return request?

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I did accept the return request and I got the items back… that’s not the issue. The issue is that I described exactly what the item was and the buyer said it wasn’t as described, which is a lie. eBay sided with the buyer and gave him the refund. To me that sounds like any buyer can lie about the item purchased and they can get their money back. I don’t see how that’s protecting the seller.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply