cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to escape the endless loop?

I've been going around in circles with eBay, trying to return a half order (the seller sent one tire instead of two). Seller refunded my half the order, but I don't want just one tire and have gone elsewhere to purchase the set I needed. Don't want the single tire and want to return it, but eBay say a case is open and directed me to close it then request a return, but am unable to close the case. I don't know, it's an absolute circus. 

Anyone know how to elevate this before the 30 days runs out? (The loops have gone on now for two weeks, always with a message from eBay saying "I'm the right person to assist you" and then directing me to do something that ends up a dead end.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Any way to escape the endless loop?

@pmbooks  Did you file a not received refund request?   If so then that is why eBay is saying to close the case and open a return request for item not as described.   Then the seller has to pay return shipping and refund you 100%.

Don't close a RETURN request though until you receiving the refund.   The case will time out after 21 days if you don't ask eBay to step in on the return request.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Any way to escape the endless loop?

I did, and the seller then refunded for the one missing tire. Since the order is two tires, the seller is wanting to get away with providing a partial refund. I sent a message to the seller (and to eBay) that nobody replaces a set of [back] tires with different brands. eBay wrote "Here is how to close the case from your end:

1. Go to your Purchase history: https://www.ebay.com/mye/myebay/purchase 2. Go to “Returns and canceled orders”.  3. Go to the case details by clicking the “See case details” link. 4. Click the "close this case" link."

But when I attempt this I get "You can't start a return for this item. You've already opened an eBay Money Back Guarantee case for this item." So then I select "View Case Details" and it says "Thank you for giving us more details." It's en endless loop. Yesterday I called and spoke with some abut the conflicting messages I've received from eBay, including that they've requested a manual refund, and a day later something about responding within 48 hours. The nice person said I should wait a week or two for eBay to decide on the request (for a manual refund...not sure what that means), but then I reminded her that this will extend my ability to be made whole very close to the 30 days they allow. Ugh!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply