cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Big Shout out to eBay and those rotten UPC's

jfyresale
Adventurer

First does anyone that works at eBay sell things on your site?  Based on crazy stuff you guys do I tend to think not.  So this time I have listings that are GTC not getting renewed and according to the representative on the phone my UPC's are not matching what they have in their system.    When you relist it doesn't give an error which is why I had to call to find out what was wrong.  According to them I have to create new listings and let them pick the UPC based on what I am listing.  So the problem is I am sitting here looking at the UPC and it is correct they are wrong.  Do I now list items with UPC's that eBay has in their system that are wrong?  What was it a year ago or so that they started all the crazy UPC junk and I had to edit hundreds of listings with multiple variables (yes each variable has a different UPC) to add the information to the listing.  Who is even shopping by UPC?   What is this even doing?  Where people actually not shopping on eBay when we didn't have UPCs?  Did people start shopping on eBay because they have UPC's now? How insane is all this.....

So the fix is, my listing that won't renew due to UPC errors (they have good UPC's)  is create a new listing and even if wrong use eBays UPC.  On a side note relisting doesn't catch it so you can just relist and wait again for it to not renew.  The downside for me on this is that my inventory is organized by item id which changes when you relist.  I also have added an extra step of saying the serenity prayer.

Thanks Again eBay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)