cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account verification - bank statement

I've been a seller for 17 years and had used the same bank both pre & post managed payments.  Recently Ebay no longer will let me use that bank as it is a secured debit card via PNC.  Thus, I've had an ongoing payout issue that may have arisen due to system glitch, regardless, I am now trying to get a NEW checking account verified so I may receive a payout from a sale a month ago.  Because my new account "is" new, there is no bank statement produced yet and won't be until 2nd week in Dec.  An Ebay payments CS rep told me to just deposit $1.00 and submit transaction page.  I did so.  The info I uploaded contained bank logo in color, entire checking acct # and transactions (for $1.00 and others). I also uploaded the page from my online statement tab which says "no statement during this period".  Still can't be used to verify me as they insist they need an actual bank statement.  Any work arounds that anybody can recommend?   Also, in reading the Ebay pages it seems that a bank statement is the 3rd route to use if needed.  The 1st is verification by logging in to bank, 2nd is microdeposits.  Ebay is not affording me either of the 1st 2 choices and jumped me to the bank statement method.  I've asked why to a few reps and they don't even have an answer for that.  Any suggestions would be wonderful.  thanks!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Account verification - bank statement

When asking for documents, eBay typically wants to see a color photo or scan of a piece of paper that shows margins and edges (front and back) in order to confirm it is a physical document (not a counterfeit mockup created in a graphics program). 

However, sellers don't receive paper bank statements these days, so a copy of your online statement must suffice, and requires human review of the document for irregularities.

I hate to send you back to CS, but I think you may need to ask them how you can verify your account with micro deposits or direct login, perhaps by adding (or replacing with) the same bank account. Otherwise, you could be waiting some time for a human review.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply