cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About receiving an electronic Invoice or receipt

I’m trying to find out how to get an electronic invoice for purchases I made last year. No one can seem to help. Some of these companies do not want to send you an invoice when you requested beforehand. I’ve contacted the sellers more than once to no avail.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

When I need an electronic version of an invoice for a purchase I have made through eBay, I go to my Purchase History, find the transaction, use the "View order details" link, select the "Printer-friendly version" of the page, and then use the print option to save the page as a PDF rather than printing it directly.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @dr.markj 

Unfortunately, that is not how buying on eBay works.  It has nothing to do with Sellers, just how eBay has the site set up.  If you won some auctions you would have the option to request an updated invoice and the Seller could send one.  For Buy it now items sending invoices are not part of the process.  

Why do you need invoices when you have record of the purchase?  

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

When I need an electronic version of an invoice for a purchase I have made through eBay, I go to my Purchase History, find the transaction, use the "View order details" link, select the "Printer-friendly version" of the page, and then use the print option to save the page as a PDF rather than printing it directly.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

@eburtonlab   Does doing that produce a document that says it is an Invoice anywhere on it?

Regards,
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Does doing that produce a document that says it is an Invoice anywhere on it?

No, I believe it just says "Order Information" at the top.

Of course, at the moment, I no longer see the "Printer-friendly version" of the order details, so only the actual Order Details page is usable.

You might be able to save the file under the name "Invoice" then include the file name in a header at the top of the page, if that matters.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

Does doing that produce a document that says it is an Invoice anywhere on it?

No, I believe it just says "Order Information" at the top.

Of course, at the moment, I no longer see the "Printer-friendly version" of the order details, so only the actual Order Details page is usable.

You might be able to save the file under the name "Invoice" then include the file name in a header at the top of the page, if that matters.

@eburtonlab 

Thanks, the reason I asked is that some companies require an invoice for their records.  I would take a screen shot of the order details that cover the costs then edit the image in Paint and type "invoice" at the top of the page and save it.  

Regards,
Message 6 of 6
latest reply