cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 buyer scam- claiming seller switched labels, buyers refuse to return items without pre-refund

I think I am amdist a complicated scam in which 2 buyers pay for items on the same day then make a false claim they got the wrong item.

Upon reciept both buyers claimed I sent the wrong item. NEITHER BUYER OPENED A RETURN CASE- this was my initial heads up that something wasn't quite right. Buyers are generally very quick to open cases for wrong item and for neither to open a case seemed a bit too strange to me.

I initially offered to send new labels to forward to the correct buyer. Upon doing so, buyer 1 agreed to exchange but the other buyer didn't respond. After a few days, buyer 1 became impatient so I issued a label to return buyer 2's item to me (because buyer 2 hadn't responded in days and I was getting the sense something was fishy) but I gave buter 1 a refund anyway.

The next day, buyer 2 responds and says they will forward to buyer 1 (who I have already refunded). When I issued a return label to buyer 2 for the item to be returned to me, the excuses of no printer and no car were used despite the buyer already agreeing to forward the package to buyer 1 ?!?!?!?!

At this point I am 99% sure this is a complicated scam. Buyer 2 waited several days to pay for their item after purchase, meaning that buyer 1 and buyer 2 did not buy on the same day but did pay on the same day ensuring shipment of both packages on the same day- giving rise to the reasonable doubt that I put the labels on the correct packages.

However, I know I didn't switch them as I ran out of ink during printing and was thorough in checking to be sure I re-printed the correct label and affixed to the correct package after I affixed the labels that initially printed.

Buyer 2 is laying a thick guilt trip currently and the issue is still unresolved. I am not giving another refund, without having this return in hand.

Has anyone else had this scam pulled on them? If you did, is there any way to prove that the 2 buyers are working together to scam sellers by claiming the seller sent the wrong item? Or am I just dreaming it up that this is a complicated scam? Neither buyer account has for sale items either....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)