eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

2265cats
Community Member

EBAY PICTURE HOSTING CHANGES

WHY MAKE A DRASTIC CHANGE LIKE THIS THIS CLOSE TO THE HOLIDAYS?
IT IS NOT AN IMPROVEMENT, BUT A HINDRANCE.
Please use plain text.
nates_tips
Community Member

Re: EBAY PICTURE HOSTING CHANGES

in reply to 2265cats
What change are you speaking of? Are you not able to upload photos? If you explain your user experience in a little more detail, we might be able to help. :-)
Please use plain text.
winnersny
Community Member

in reply to 2265cats
I agree, why did they do away with the "Enhanced Picture Service". Now I cannot load any pictures, it is always something new and improved with Ebay, but it is always something more frustrating for the sellers, it never ends. I cannot load any pictures, if it goes thru i'm lucky to get one to load anymore, no way.....what is wrong with this picture? This Improvement Sucks! I'm so frustrated with this "Improvement"
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 2265cats
Just spent 2 hours tring to upload photos using the new "standard" uploader - total garbage.

It's awkward to use, more time consuming and constantly crashes - run time errors.

Never had a problem with the old verson, classic case of don't change it if it ain't broke.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 2265cats
hi- I agree. I called ebay for help, and asked WHY???? would they do away with something that worked just fine??? UGH- I am not adept with these things and this is a big problem for me. They said to download Picasa, which I did..but I still can't figure out what to do. Unbelievable!!!! I really don't understand the thinking behind their changes-they just complicate things :-(|
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 2265cats
i agree. listed last week no problem.
get on today with this new format and it screws up your pictures and makes it harder.
1st -in browse it wont go directly back to where your first picture location came from
2nd when you upload it doesnt come in the same order you put them.
3rd. when its showws up in the wrong order i dont have arrows to change it!.
If they are going to change and "improve" please have the testing done by someone who sells not just in an office looking to see if it uploads.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 2265cats
Just spent 2 hours tring to upload photos using the new "standard" uploader - total garbage.

It's awkward to use, more time consuming and constantly crashes - run time errors.

Never had a problem with the old verson, classic case of don't change it if it ain't broke.

i could not upload cover images of old magazines yesterday. spent over 2 hrs trying to figure out why and quit in frustration. i guess i am out of the old magazine business, after i just purchased a huge lot. the old one worked fine. whats the matter with corp america that they cannot leave well enough alone. everytime some new college genius comes along things have to change, rarely for the better, but of course they are smarter than us. whats next? ebay if it aint broke dont fix it....
Please use plain text.
saskiatwo
Community Member

in reply to 2265cats
Big problem with pictures: I can upload them, BUT: they all appear to low in the little boxes on the screen, so you can't move them around which is a real pain in the neck. It is taking me forever to get them arranged in the order that I need them to be in. I literally have to delete and start over.
Please use plain text.
nates_tips
Community Member

in reply to 2265cats
saskiatwo,

There is currently a issue with some photo features on the Sell Your Item form, and other selling features across the site. eBay is well aware of the issue and working around the clock to get it resolved.

From reports gathered from the forums over the past week, members using Internet Explorer 8 have been having the most difficulty with uploading and image features.

Thus far, enabling Compatibility view seems to be an effective work-around. for many members over the past week.

Compatibility View can be found to the right of the address bar in the top of your browser.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 2265cats
I am having the same problems as all above, this is very sad, give us a 10 cent listing special then make it impossible to take advantage of not even counting what time of the year it is. I do have fairly new computers and always keep up with the updates so probably do have IE 8 but I would think that a large company like eBay would also use the latest and greatest on thier computers.

HELP!!!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 2265cats
Compatibility View has not been the solution, that is the first thing I tried.

Just spent 35 minutes trying to upload 4 pics for listing, twice it froze, once it bounced out, then to top all the cropped pics are garbage.

Frustrated and asking for help
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 2265cats
saskiatwo,

There is currently a issue with some photo features on the Sell Your Item form, and other selling features across the site. eBay is well aware of the issue and working around the clock to get it resolved.

From reports gathered from the forums over the past week, members using Internet Explorer 8 have been having the most difficulty with uploading and image features.

Thus far, enabling Compatibility view seems to be an effective work-around. for many members over the past week.

Compatibility View can be found to the right of the address bar in the top of your browser.

does that mean they are bringing back the one that worked so well for everybody for so many years. lets see who is the customer here....
Please use plain text.
michelledelene
Community Member

in reply to 2265cats
I always easily downloaded enhanced photos. There was an established link to my ebay photos and a very easy access to these. Now, I have no established link, there is a basic or standard picture link no enhanced photo option. I have no idea how to make the same smooth connection and the pictures I cannot preview. I am listing photos now that I cannot even preview. I have had enough! I am done!, This is just another nail in the E-Bay Coffin. No instructions, or a heads up that they are changing everything that we are so used to. I am beyond mad. I think that we all deserve so much better. Michelle
Please use plain text.
michelledelene
Community Member

in reply to 2265cats
I feel your pain so much, This "problem" sucks as much as their noncommunication to us, the sellers, who make them all their money, If there were problems with the system, we, the money maker sellers, should have been the first alerted. Michelle
Please use plain text.
nates_tips
Community Member

in reply to 2265cats
Actually, eBay DID announce that they would be changing some of the image uploaders all the way back in April of this year.

See the original announcement here:
http://announcements.ebay.com/2010/04/speedier-picture-uploader-with-new-features-available-soon/

They also announced the uploader changes again last week:
http://announcements.ebay.com/2010/10/new-features-added-to-standard-picture-uploader-enhanced-uploa...

You might find this Answers to Uploader Changes post helpful as well.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 2265cats
New time saving enhancements?? Bah!! I'm having all the same issues AND it is taking longer to upload. What a pain.....
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 2265cats
I agree
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 2265cats
I see they did do some work on the picture hosting which worked a little better after the initail posting i had last week. Today it seems like its back to the same old thing it was last week before it got better.
Keeps bouncing you off. screen sometimes turns black in the "picture window" , doesn't want to take your pics right away if you even get lucky enough to have them opened in the picture window.
Very fustrated. seems like it even got worse on the last listing i tried to do today and cant complete.
2ndly, the contrast and brightness do not work even near the ability the old one did. please have them take a look at that also.
3rdly, the pictures in the long box are hard to see when you upload many and try to make sure what you have. you can only see a few.
thanks for checking on this for us. we all want and need to list as im sure ebay wants this objective also. trying to not be fustrated..
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 2265cats
Thanks . Whatever was done made it work quickly! thanks
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 2265cats
Why fix something that isn't broken,New way looks worst then the one they had,Let's try crayons and draw pictures of what items look like??????
Please use plain text.