eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

unclesamsgarage
Community Member

New app update wont let me log in

My Samsung Galaxy auto updated this morning and it was working fine then an error came up that wouldn't let me search.  I signed out thinking that might help.  Now it won't let me sign back in it says wont recognize my name or password wich both work fine on the main website.  What gives?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: New app update wont let me log in

in reply to unclesamsgarage

This looks like a general problem following the upgrade this morning. I too have a Galaxy and it is doing the same. Comments on the Google Play website seem to suggest there are many others with the same problem so we might have to wait for a fix from ebay.

Please use plain text.
unclesamsgarage
Community Member

thanks glad to know its not just me i even uninstalled and it still did the same.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

My Droid 4 did a system update a few days ago and everything was working fine.  But today, I kept getting error messages about there not being any network connection.  I signed out, and now it keeps saying that my user ID or password is incorrect and I can't sign in.  I also uninstalled the app and reinstalled, but it still does not work.

I have also received a Transport outbound I/O exception in IAF Service error and some kind of error about exceeding a call limit.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

I am getting the same problem and error message about mu usage limit reached and I tried uninstalling but it won't let me log in either!!! Ugh i have things I'm selling and need to check frequently!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Okay, i found a solution. uninstall the new version and then goto http://www.androiddrawer.com/1116/download-official-ebay-android-app-1-8-1-5-app-apk/#.UFLN2lE8p5c  and download the older version. Install it from your SD card and try logging in.

At first mine still didn't login so I went to the Settings, Apps section and in the ebay app, I cleared all the data and cache data but it still didn't work.

I switched my phone off overnight and on this morning and it logged in and all is working.

Sorry this is a bit messy but it might just get you working again but be sure not to upgrade until it looks like the new version is working.

PM me if you need any help.

Steve

Please use plain text.