eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Happy Kwanza

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

dr.mia52
Community Member

How to Stop Paypal From Stealing Charity's Donations

Ok.

I wrote Missionfish and hope they will provide an answer, but they are overworked and I figured it might be more productive to post here.

I began selling on eBay for Place For Cats, a not-for-profit. All (100%) of sales profits go to the charity.

Here's the thing: while eBay advertises that they take nothing, in fact, via Paypal (which eBay now owns), on low-cost items, THEY take 100%, leaving nothing for the charity. Paypal does this by seizing a fee based on the item cost PLUS SHIPPING.

For example, on a 99 cent item that sells for that, which costs $14.50 to mail (housewares, heavy bowls, bulky items, etc.), Paypal takes approximately one-half of the first $1 and approximately 4% above that. The charity ends up with nothing, and I end up paying Paypal out of my pocket the difference between the 99 cent selling price and the fee confiscated by Paypal based on the transaction (item price plus shipping cost).

Is any other Seller for a charity addressing this problem? Has Missionfish addressed this problem before??
millcreekrescue909
Community Member

Re: How to Stop Paypal From Stealing Charity's Donations

in reply to dr.mia52
I'm not sure I understand why your Paypal fees are so high. We are a nonprofit direct seller and our Paypal fees are 2.2% plus 30 cents. Of course we do offer free (included) shipping but I would think the end result would be the same.

Always a newbie!