cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THIS GAME IS A HOAX!!!

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, YOU HAVE TO CLICK THE "BUY IT NOW" BUTTON. IF YOU ACCIDENTALLY HIT THE BUY IT NOW BUTTON, SOMETIMES THE SCREEN DOESN'T REFRESH, IF YOU HIT IT AGAIN, YOU'VE JUST BOUGHT THE ITEM. BELIEVE ME, I DID. FORTUNATELY, ITEM NUMBER: 5166633721 IS NOT TOO HIGHLY PRICED. THIS CONTEST COULD BE CONSTRUED AS A FRAUD OF EBAY, AWARE OF THEIR COMPUTER GLITCHES AND THE FACT THAT THEY BENIFIT IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE.
ARE THERE ANY REAL ATTORNEYS? SIGN ME UP FOR A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT, THANK YOU.
Message 1 of 262
latest reply
261 REPLIES 261

Re: THIS GAME IS A HOAX!!!

i have to remember to turn off my speakers if i leave the computer on overnight...
PING!!! every time i get mail. but this is funny. seems weebay just rewrote the contest... we've got $2000 prizes on monday, but we were clueless before, what are the chances that the clues got harder??? okay, speakers off. sleep well. i cannot take my meds back to back just because i forgot food. so hopefully, i'll fall asleep soon. GOD BLESS YOU. yes, i like shouting that, and this too: GOD BLESS AMERICA.
Message 211 of 262
latest reply

vinyl4days
Enthusiast
Wow, you guys are funny...Heres a thought, forget about your computer for a second, get up, go outside, get in the car, get a beer at the bar, meet some women, and enjoy life before you drive yourselves and everybody else crazy.
Message 212 of 262
latest reply

punkstarhero
Enthusiast
umm ya what vinyl said... but only cuz this game is so @#$%ed up and yes ebay is only trying to get our money. most internet companies are trying to make a profit 🙂 sad part is there are a lot of scams and/or tricks played on unsuspecting e-commerce consumers so just be careful ppls!
Message 213 of 262
latest reply

You people who are buying stuff must be high, IT IS OBVIOUS IF IT IS THE WINNING PAGE, IT WILL TELL YOU SO, GEEZ PEOPLE READ THE RULES.
Message 214 of 262
latest reply

mags1229
Enthusiast
I'm disgusted by the replies the "airforceweatherman" feels compelled to make. People are allowed to have complaints and shouldn't have to deal with abuse from you just because you have a differing opinion. Please stop and let this forum be for DISCUSSION and helpful information, as most have offered, not a source for you to vent your displaced anger. While you are quick to resort to name-calling, you've not noticed that you've sunk to a level far below any of the names you're flinging about.
Message 215 of 262
latest reply

freebirdxiii
Enthusiast
thank you disabledamericanveteran for answering ALL of the questions that ebay COULDN'T answer! NO WHERE in the rules did they say that the winning listing would have a "treasure hunt" symbol anywhere on the page!
again thank you!!! & HAVE-A-LOVING-DAY
freebirdxiii
PS. weatherman needs to stick his HATRED & his DISRESPECT where his head ALREADY IS!!!
Message 216 of 262
latest reply

papiermache_artist
Enthusiast
If anyone is needing an attorney I am a Pre-Paid Legal Associate and can get you an AV rated attorney that can represent you in court for up to 75 hours a year ($22,500 value) - Just email me with subject heading "PPLSI" and I can sell you a year contract for $26 a month (use e-bay email). PPLSI attorneys also help with taxes and you get toll free 24/7 phone number in the event you need any legal advice (free with membership). You get two legal documents reviewed per year (cumulative) 2 legal documents written per year included with membership. You also get your Will written for free.
Message 217 of 262
latest reply

freebirdxiii
Enthusiast
thank you ebay for not posting my entire message!you left out my ps. to airforceweatherman. we now know that you'll protect his right to degrade a veteran but deny my right to reply to his hatred & disrespect!
Message 218 of 262
latest reply

OK YOU PEOPLE ARE HIGH, HERE WE GO I WILL SUM THIS UP REAL QUICK, GO TO THE BEGINNING OF THIS TREASURE HUNT PAGE, GO TO HOW TO PLAY AND GO TO #3 AND SEE A SAMPLE OF A WINNING PAGE, IF THAT DOESN'T WORK GO TO THIS LINK http://pages.ebay.com/treasurehunt/howtoplay.html NOW I WANT YOU ALL TO SIT BACK AND THINK ABOUT ALL THE CRAP YOU SAID AND THINK ABOUT HOW STUPID YOU ARE, "THEY SCAMMED US, HOW WOULD I KNOW IF IT WAS THE WINNING PAGE?" IT'S CALLED READ THE TERMS! THE ONLY THING EBAY IS AT FAULT IS NOT MAKING EVERYONE CLICK A "I AGREE" BUTTON SAYING YOU READ AND COMPLIED WITH THE RULES.
Message 219 of 262
latest reply

ANOTHER THING IF YOU CHECK MY AUCTIONS OUT AND SEE THE BIG LONG STORY ABOUT PEOPLE NOT READING THE ENTIRE AUCTION THEN GETTING MAD AFTERWARDS IS EXACTLY LIKE WHAT'S GOING ON NOW. IT'S NOT BY HOW MANY FEEDBACK YOU HAVE IT'S BY HOW MUCH EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE. YOU HAVE TO READ READ READ READ I CAN'T STRESS IT ANY FURTHER, I'M ABOUT TO GO MAD!!! READ!!!! THE PROBLEM IS IS THESE EBAYERS WHO COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK 2 OR 3 TIMES A YEAR, BID ON A FEW ITEMS THEN GO BACK INTO HIBERNATION. HEY THAT'S GREAT, BUT YOU SHOULD ACTUALLY EXPLORE THE SITE AND LEARN A FEW THINGS WHEN YOU'RE NOT BUYING.
Message 220 of 262
latest reply

wow!!! people still have this post as being watched? aren't you the least bit interested in the $2000 carrot ebay's waiving in front of you??? this is probably the best day for any one else to win. but not here, today. am i the only one whom realized i am not worthy to play? didn't you send in your 3 x 5 postcard, yet? can you imagine how pissed off those "geniuses" will be that have already won? don't you know the odds are in you/our favor that they will get "gold fever" and play/win today?
do you really think ebay will let them keep the larger prize? I DON'T THINK SO.
hmmm. .... let me read some of those other replies...
oh, please, did you see what happened to airforceweatherman??? he was kind enough to express his opinion. i would classify him as a very patriotic America. he was defending what he felt right, against me, and not realized that it takes me longer to get to my point because of my injuries during the first gulf war. he's not disrespectful, he WAS disrespectful. but like most Americans, he was just misinformed. okay, the kind person that thinks this discussion board needs to be stopped. yes, me too. but here's a hint. look at the top right or bottom right. there is a place to stop watching this thread. my topic is in the right place. ebay treasure hunt discussion board. and my topic, is "this game is a hoax". there are no clues here.
that warm and fuzzy left long ago. please do not tell me your name is GINGER, and you are still offended with them implying you are "vintage". (GILLIGAN'S ISLAND = a "vintage spice rack" in contest #120.)
TO THE....to the person from barqs19, WOW!!!
that is completely different from the page i read last week. and if it was there, WOW, my memory is getting worse. because several people were asking for an "example" and no one could provide one. i found one from a link that is no longer up. i honestly do not remember that "screenshot" being there before.
and you are right, people that have even the slightest amount of feedback by their name need to support our ebay brethren and sisthren.... i AM bidding on stuff, but not because we are obligated, but that is why we come to this VENUE in the first place. i bid as often as i can afford. believe me, i haven't seen new clothes for about five years. i look foward to going to the thrift stores. i get excited because my oldest gets her first paycheck of $50.00. when i buy something, its usually for my children. i've got a '76 gmc parked in my driveway because i can honestly be pessimistic and say the seals are blown, and it would take me a year to save that kind of money, because the little i have left over each month, i seem to spend on ebay. yes, i get a 2.4% payraise a year, but the last time i checked, the dollar has depreciated worse than that, inflation is higher than that, unemployment is at the depression level, thanks to the cfr and the federal reserve. that much i remember. the illegal taxation without representation. how come we are at a war, and the only people getting rich are those that got us in this war?? oh, thats just my opinion, again. anyway, if this discussion is taking up your time. go ahead and bid and buy something you really don't need, because the sellers are losing money. and that is what us AMERICANS do, we stick together in troubled times. i am actually bidding and winning the few items i am looking for. i would bid more, but i have to plan ahead for March having five full weeks between paydays. i cant work. i cant think. so therefore, i come here and "discuss". it doesnt take up ebay bandwidth. i haven't totally thrown in the towel on ebay. so, i am going to do what i can, not just keep ebay "alive" but to inform people how i feel this game is a hoax. because one thing i do see being abandoned is AMERICA and her sovereignty and her CONSTITUTION and her BILL OF RIGHTS.
i can do that by tying together the deterioration of ebay and of AMERICA. here we go, no conspiracy theories, you are smart enough to see through the smoke and mirrors and to figure out something is wrong.
here are this mornings conspiracy strings:
1. paul macartney, weather modification, superbowl
2. pearl harbor, prior knowledge, declassified documents
3. kennedy assassination, most to benifit, democratic nomination for presidential debate of 1960.
4. chemtrails, deteriorating overall health, un agenda

thank you for visiting my string. there are two contests not won, 125 and 126. if i read that "how to play" correctly this time, the answers are in the title...
so, you do not need to check that title and description checkbox, i guess. on a dime, on a dime... oh, there are those illuminati columns on the back. there is that mason eisenhour on the front. heads? tails? worthless treasury demonization, i mean denomination...
okay, GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT. and please, do not insult eachother and do not insult your own intelligence. GOD must be wonderful, HE created us in HIS image. yes, that includes attorneys. wow, that is way more than i can afford, but i am sure your talents and time is well worth it. your prices show your humility and that is what too many AMERICANS lack. they blame the illegals for taking their jobs because they humiliate themselves for the low waiges... i think we need to look beyond the illegals and look whom is hiring them and whom is moving their companies away. those people should be ashamed of themselves.
Message 221 of 262
latest reply

miss or mr barqs? nice bottles. sorry about the andale problem, what about including shipping in your auction price, and advertise free shipping to the US??? how about confronting andale. get your money back. is anandale an ebay subsidary mainly used for automobiles? ebay has other tools like vendio. but when i used to list, i found the free tools the best and most simple. also, andale has a 1-877-4andale number? let them know your dilemna. tell them you are losing money and getting negative feedback. what have you got to lose??? yes, i come out of the woodwork once in a while, when i have extra money, when i am feeling better, when my computer doesn't have a virus. yes, i used to buy and sell more. but i've been burned more that three times on vehicles alone. i bought something by mistake because of this contest. shouldn't you have like a gazillion feedbacks? you've been a member since 1999. is ebay your only source of income??? yes? no? wow? count your blessings. yes, back in the old days, people used to save money for the rough times, and buy things when they could afford to pay in cash. a mortgage was lasted than a few of years. but money hungry people took advantage of AMERICANS and their generosity. a little credit here, a little credit there. ... then BAM!!! they want their money back, WITH A VENGEANCE. they created the market, they inticed you that it was necessary, they advertise it in your face. i don't watch television anymore. i actually took three cards down to zero at one time. i blew the dust off the sears card last weekend to buy my children some non-thriftstore clothes. i even bought my father-in-law a watch for his 70th birthday. yes, i am no where near perfect. not before, not anymore, not ever. but to blame us for your lack of sales, is sad. we didn't invent the game. you are like us, discussing this game. you've got one problem existing, then this game comes along, now you've got two problems...see??? that is my point, the title of this string. this game is a hoax!!! hoax is a variation of hocus-pocus... a magic trick, if you will. a slide of hand, a distraction. if you are fustrated with this game, complain to ebay. you do have some nice merchandise, and you should have been warned not to list anything because of the game. you were and are disenfranchised. but you are obviously smart. you may be able to turn the tables around and figure this game, while you await a reply from ebay. you might want to go and fill out a 3 x 5 card and mail it in to the ebay contest address. CONFRONT EBAY AND ANDALE, you're already losing money. confront them before you lose anymore. because at the end of the day, they'll collect the listing fees from you, whether you like it or not. have you been financially burdened??? complain to your better business bureau and others. see my entry number four of {series} it is on page one. keep in mind, you are dealing with some pretty slick/sleazy beancounters and attorneys. make sure you tell them you came to ebay in good faith, because you obviously do not list ebay as a store. under the impression that this VENUE is for auctions and sales only. i just read a note about ebay revealing their quarterly statements. i can hardly wait to see them, especially for this quarter.
Message 222 of 262
latest reply

matzo419
Enthusiast
In my opinion, Ebay has made many mistakes in this contest but concerning the topic of the post I think that ebay has two major flaws in this contest.

1. Since this is a buying and selling site, the winner of the contest should not be clicking buy it now. Ebay should have created another button like a Congratulations button for the winner to click. That way, noone would mistakenly buy an item on a wrong auction. People on this contest are clicking like mad and racing millions of others, so in that haste it is easy to make a mistake. In fact, when I was playing the game, I almost bought several auctions, not because I thought I had won, but because I was clicking item listings so fast that I made misclicks.

2. Ebay says it will be obvious as to a winning listing but if they never show us what a winning listing looks like, how would we know what we are looking for. All we know is that a winning auction is "obvious", that is about as vague as their silly clues. Now I understand that they don't want scammers using the winning picture on their listings, but maybe ebay should have thought it out better. We need to know what we are looking for. I have seen many auction listings with Congratulations you won, or using clue terms in their auction titles. For people who don't know what a winning listing looks like, it would be easy to click buy it now.

I think an easy solution would be for ebay to change how people win the contest. Whether it be changing the phrase on the buy it now button, or changing the method of winning all together.

Message 223 of 262
latest reply

nmedtner
Enthusiast
tell me about it - i just bought a porsche. oh well. THANKS EBAY TREASURE HUNT!
Message 224 of 262
latest reply

awalker6807
Enthusiast
haha oh come on...obviously if you found the page you would know it before you hit the buy it now button...go look at the rules it will show you what the page looks like. You can't sue because of your own stupidity.
Message 225 of 262
latest reply