eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

NEW NO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK POLICY is discriminatory to sellers

Ebay have change the negative feedback policy for buyers, sellers are not able to leave negative feedback. The seller will be unprotected from bad buyers if this policy is not rectified. There are more check and balance for sellers that are for buyers. If ebay is trying to attrack buyers to ebay by changing providing the policy that the buyer will NEVER get a negative feedback, then Ebay should provide a buyers reports process to the sellers. We pay Ebay a lot of comission fee to be treated this way. The sellers are the reason that buyers come to ebay to buy, no sellers no ebay ormaybe have too many sellers that they decided to get rid of sellers. Ebay does not control the emotional outburst of a buyer, not evry buyer is a perfect buyer, but seller will still received the negative feedback of a buyer, how fair is this?
surgicalusa
Community Member

in reply to piel_canela_pr
i agree ...i remember ebay always promoted an uncontrolled feedback policy. but after implementation of new policy...it is like eBay controlled feedback.
Community Member

I have posted several topics regarding the new feedback idea. It is surely going to be a mess on ebay if they go through with this insane plan.
I have not bought anything else to sell on ebay now since i heard of this. It's been what 3 months,,and i have not bought anything to resell on ebay. I dont go to the resellers market at all now.
I dont think i can have peace of mind when a buyer steals from me at paypal, and then on top of it will leave negative feedback...,and i wont be able to do a thing.
I will be dropping from silver to bronze then just sell a few things a month. I plan to drop off as a powerseller in 1 year.
Sales have been very sluggish on ebay now.
Community Member

I have already had one neg since the new policy from a buyer demanding a refund on several of my most expensive plants. She claimed a disease two of these don't get at all, and refused to send photos or any proof of a problem.
Now I have one that the tracking number is saying delivered, but she is threatening a neg if I don't fully refund her. I knew this would happen! I have been on Ebay since 1998 and I have dealt a-plenty with this type of dishonest buyer. Before, at least we had the option of giving a negative back on undeserved feedback. Now we are open to the scammers and they know it.
Already the feedback policy was flawed. For example--every single negative feedback I have had prior to this new change came from buyers who were given a full refund or replacement--promptly and cheerfully--for a defective plant. I could not get these removed even though I had dealt honorably with my customer.
Now, we have no recourse at all. Tracking numbers don't matter, refnds don't matter, requiring proof of a problem item doesn't matter.
What is heaven's name is Ebay's thinking on this? I think they have lost their minds!
Community Member

I neglected to add: When our business suffers--their business suffers. Did they forget this? Do they really think seeing dozens of negatives all over the place, in every category on ebay is going to instill buyer confidence?
Did they not stop to think what all these negative feedbacks from dishonest buyers and the get-something-for-nothing scam artists would do to the general reputation overall for Ebay?
Are they at least going to monitor serial neg/scam artists?
One can only hope!
Community Member

prohibiting sellers from giving negative feedback is about as half-baked an idea as ebay could come up with. i rarely give negatives, but when i do, it is very well deserved. this is a step in the wrong direction... watch out ebay, you could be out of business very soon!
Community Member

I have a few comments to make about the feedback changes.

1) It will definitely increase the number of NON-PAYING BIDDERS since sellers will not be able to leave them a negative feedback regardless they pay or not they wont have to fear any thing now. Non-paying buyers just write "I can't pay" Or "I dont have money to pay" or "I have already bought it from another seller" or something similar when UPI is filed as they wont be loosing any thing at all. They will be more active in dispute console as wont fear a thing.

2) If eBay is implementing this policy, you should also decrease the number of days a seller has to wait before an UPI can be filed. Simply because buyers should be out there purchasing IF THEY HAVE MONEY TO PAY RIGHT AWAY. They should not be allowed to bid and win an auction and hold the payment for more than 24-48 hours.

3) You should keep in consideration the time and efforts a seller takes to create an add, pay ebay fees, and then run into a buyer who wins the auction/ does a BUY IT NOW and then doesn't pay or respond at all or if responses only says "I bought it by mistake, please cancel my order" or any other similar excuse. Then a seller has to wait for 7 days to file for UPI, then wait another 7 days (actual more time gain for the buyer) before issue buyer an unpaid item strike and not even being able to leave a negative feedback. And later buyer can call ebay and get that strike removed. ISN'T IT FRUSTRATED?

Best-Plano
dropandsellauctions
Community Member

IT HAS NOT EVEN WENT INTO EFFECT YET! I LEFT A NEGATIVE FOR A SELLER & HE RETURNED THE FAVOR & LEFT ME 1
Community Member

IF YOU CAN'T LEAVE NEG FEEDBACK FOR BAD CUSTOMERS, WHY LEAVE ANY! LETS STOP LEAVING FEEDBACK ALTOGETHER!
Community Member

ebay is only out to protect themselves
i starting to sell on
naxcom.com
amazon.com
plunderhere.com
and when the busines increase i will down ebay like a hot potato because of the new feedback policy

what does the buyer pay for? NOTHING
and
what does the sellers pay for?
LISTING
FEES
STORE
INVENTORY
HIGH SHIPPING COST
AND
UNFAIR PAYPAL FEES
UNFAIR REFUNDS BY PAYPAL

THIS HAS BEEN A VERY VERY WRONG AND UNFAIR
BY EBAY TO DO THIS!!!!!!
Community Member

i got my frist neg feed back from seller. i hand to open claim with ebay to get the seller to send parts i payed for. then ebay drop my rating from 100 pos to 94% for one neg feed back you cant go 605 pos feed back at 100% to 606 feed back at 94% that just not right.
Community Member

Prohibiting sellers from giving negative feedback is about as half-baked an idea as ebay could come up with. i rarely give negatives, but when i do, it is very well deserved. this is a step in the wrong direction... watch out ebay, you could be out of business very soon!
I agree with all of the above.
I would be happy to refund if something is wrong with the product.
When you report non payment 90% you do not get you listing fee back.
Only the the buyer get it if they complant.
I treat all my customer with respect,but what do you do when you get a nut job who contact you 25 time before they buy,then leave you a great feedback get this.
Come back over a month later and says the silver bracelet is not real she had it melted and wants her money and shipping charges back.
I file a complaint back with paypal stating I have never had any one say this, and what do I get back(I DON'T GET MY ITEM BACK FOR A REFUND,LISTING,FEE, NOTHING THEY GAVE THE NUT JOB A REFUND I HAVE NOTHING.)
Letting customer say what ever they want no matter what your overall feedback is crazy.
You have no protection at all.
Ebay will lose seller and it will not be the same, they should really stop and think about the seller who is at the mercy of the GOOD,BAD AND THE UGLY.
ALL SELLER SHOULD TAKE THIS MATTER VERY SERIOUSLY IT COULD COST YOUR DEARLY.
Community Member

got my frist neg feed back from seller. i hand to open claim with ebay to get the seller to send parts i payed for. then ebay drop my rating from 100 pos to 94% for one neg feed back you cant go 605 pos feed back at 100% to 606 feed back at 94% that just not right.

I AGREE I HAD A 100% FEEDBACK UNTIL THIS NEW POLICY ALL IT TAKE IS ONE BUYER WHO IS IN BAD MOOD,OR FOR ANY REASON UNRELATED TO WHAT THEY BOUGHT AND RECEIVE EVEN IF CHOOSE TO BUY THAT ITEM.
YOUR LISTING,ITEM,SHIPPING COULD BE SPOT ON AND IT DOESN'T MATTER IT UP TO HOW THE BUYER FEELS AT THE TIME OF THE FEEDBACK.
Community Member

Ok guys, why can't we start our own power seller site?!! I myself would be more than willing to invest $$ to get it up and running. I'm sure there is some of you that know how to start the ball rolling. With enough power sellers investing and having a vested ownership in the site we could make this work. We could also make a public announcement that the powersellers of E-bay have created their own site and tell them why we can sell our products cheaper, safer, faster and make the whole buying and selling experience a more pleasant one for everybody. I have had to remove 400 items from my store due to the high insertion fee and rediculous final value fees. Any of you that are willing to meet and help come up with a plan to get this site up and running let me know. Thanks, Sharon
Community Member

You said it all, here is my vote.

See my feedback record that tells all.

HOOAH
Community Member

Hi Everyone,
Check this one out!!!! I DO NOT SHIP OUTSIDE OF THE U.S. STATED IN ALL OF MY AUCTIONS! I just received a Neutral feedback and it could have been a Negative one for not shipping to Australia...... The buyer bid on my auction anyway and then me what could have been a neutral feedback instead of Negative. What a JOKE Says a lot baout feedback for the future! I guess 100% Positive feedback is a thing of the past maybe even 90% LOL. Ebay actually are hurting themselves in the process. No sellers NO buyer. I think that if you do not pay and you have to also file a unpaid diaspute then the buyer should not have the right to leave you anything other then either nothing or Neutral. Ebay is becoming a bad joke. As soon as all not so honest buyers find out how to minipulate the system we as sellers are done NO MATTER HOW GOOD WE ARE OR HOW GOOD A JOB WE DO....
Community Member

Hi Everyone,
Check this one out!!!! I DO NOT SHIP OUTSIDE OF THE U.S. STATED IN ALL OF MY AUCTIONS! I just received a Neutral feedback and it could have been a Negative one for not shipping to Australia...... The buyer bid on my auction anyway and then left me what could have been a neutral feedback instead of Negative. What a JOKE Says a lot about feedback for the future! I guess 100% Positive feedback is a thing of the past maybe even 90% LOL. Ebay actually are hurting themselves in the process. No sellers NO buyer. I think that if you do not pay and you have to also file a unpaid dispute then the buyer should not have the right to leave you anything other then either nothing or Neutral. Ebay is becoming a bad joke. As soon as all not so honest buyers find out how to minipulate the system we as sellers are done NO MATTER HOW GOOD WE ARE OR HOW GOOD A JOB WE DO....
Hi Sharon,
I am ready to join you guys in starting a power seller group also. Let me know when.
Sharon
Community Member

Re: NEW NO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK POLICY is discriminatory to sellers

I agree one of the attractions to ebay was the fact that we were rated by our peers. Self regulation by sellers and buyers. Now they are trying for the sake of Ebay to turn us into a store company they are regulating us like were are hugh stores. . It really unpersonalizes us . Whats the point. It was working OK why change. EBAY profit thats about it. trying to make us corporate.
Eventually there will be no room for the little guy. Big money for EBAY instead if people stay and put up with it.
I think some one should start a new site like old ebay us to be like.
Community Member

im so for this im sick of these nutty buyers coming out of the woodworks now harassing me. we need to do something. this is such bs the sellers have no recourse anymore.
Community Member

I have had a few that extort free stuff then leave negative feedback anyway. It makes for an unfair playing field!