eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

This is why you do not opt in to EBAY returns

So I opted in to eBays automated returns which was  a big mistake because the buyer falsely clicked the item was not as described button when using Ebays returns to get out of paying their shipping cost and a restocking fee. 

Then when I receive the item back and want to refund money Ebays  returns won't let me adjust for shipping and handling charges out of the return amount so I have to do it out of paypal because paypal lets me adjust the price but since I do it out of paypal then Ebay won't adjust my final vale fee back to me.

Then I have to get on the phone to get my final value fee back from EBAY.

Ebay needs to fix the opt in managed RETURNS where a Buyer can only use the item not described button only if the seller clicks a button on their end to allow it.  Currently the buyer can just click it and blam the seller has to pay for return shipping even when you have it targeted to the buyer has to pay and the buyer is misusing the process. sure you can report them but that doesn't get your shipping money back.

Please use plain text.
yourantiqueguy
Community Member

Re: This is why you do not opt in to EBAY returns

in reply to superbowl3232f

Anytime eBay claims they are doing something to help the sellers, grab your wallet!

Please use plain text.
durof1
Community Member

in reply to yourantiqueguy

Thank you !!!!

I had the same thought and decided against opting in for automatic returns because I do not want to be Wal-Mart, KM, Target where people can use the item and return it by claiming they changed their mind because ebay will always side with the buyers.   I only sell new products and always check each item before it is shipped so no one can tell me I am selling cheap garbage products !!!!!!!!

Hope

Please use plain text.
superbowl32
Community Member

Ever since this new Opted in Returns through Ebay I have had many returns all of a sudden. Once again a buyer who didn't want to pay for shipping clicked on the Seller pays for shipping button.  Ebay is letting buyers be Judge and Jury if item is not as described. I had to escalate my 2 complaint returns to ebay. what is the answer? I received 2 $15 credit to buy stuff on Ebay, but had to pay for the return shipping.  This is a Joke!  All buyers need to immeadeatly opt out of return shipping. YOU WILL GET SCREWED- GUARANTEED.

Please use plain text.
superbowl32
Community Member

TO BE CLEAR, BUYERS GET TO DETERMINE IF AN ITEM IS NOT AS DESCRIBED OR NOT!

Please use plain text.
lisa-allison
Community Member

in reply to superbowl32

I won't opt in, and I got a phone call from ebay asking me to.  I told them all my reasons, but you have just given me additional ones.  Make sure to opt out ASAP!

Please use plain text.
lew2003red
Community Member

in reply to lisa-allison

When ebay announced their managed returns program I was skeptical.  After reviewing the program I'm thinking I cannot relinquish this kind of control to ebay.  I have few returns and if I sign up for the program, Im sure, returns will skyrocket!  I really don't want to be Walmart.  Eventually ebay will control every aspect of of our sales and we will turn into a regional fullfillment warehouseing branch of ebay.

Please use plain text.
bosmingfarg
Community Member

in reply to lew2003red

It's sickening what Ebay and buyers can pull on honest sellers. The buyer can buy a brand new item, rip it open, tear it to shreds, and wait  weeks to demand a full refund.  Sellers are too often treated like chumps. Many of us are not big box retailers. We sell used, and imperfect items. "AS IS" doesn't mean anything to ebay when it comes to some of the whiney baby scammers. I'm beginning to think that flea market selling will be more profitable.

Please use plain text.
superbowl3232d
Community Member

in reply to bosmingfarg

Did you read the new privacy agreement that came out today? New sellers are opted in to returns. I have a feeling at some point everybody who offers returns have to opt in. It will be at that time that I do not offer returns.

Please use plain text.