eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

No update for my USPS int'l Express mail tracking #!

[ Edited ]

I paid almost $50 to ship an International Priority Express Mail (USPS Flat Padded Envelope) to Hong Kong on Nov 4th, online prepaid at 16:32pm and dropped on the counter (as the USPS staff indicated) around 16:40pm, all on the same day. I asked a scan but got refused, I was told no scan for online paid mails. Today I checked online and the tracking info shows nothing but only "Electronic Shipping Info Received". I know usually it should have many updates at every station for this Express Mail but now it's 0. I called the USPS Customers Service and a guy told me he could not help me since the mail has NO SCAN on it, it seems "not even dropped off", and let me go to my post office to talk to a supervisor or a manager. I did. The local P O supervisor asked me several times about the tracking # and the address, then she said the mail was not there. I told here where I dropped,  also there's camera there on the ceiling. She even talked with the staff who indicated me where to dropped off that day. Then she said she need to talk to a "station manager" and let me know the result. She said it "should" be out there but just "no scan" cuz it was a prepaid one. I asked if I can get paid if it's lost since I bought a $300 insurance for it, and I was told "NO", I asked why, I was told "no scan on it". I was finally told to go back office wating for here call and I did, til now...its like "catch 22", and I was like a ball, being kicked to and from. Is any one who one had the same nightmare(s) or any one who can help me?????? 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: No update for my USPS int'l Express mail tracking #!

in reply to njicoins

Has the buyer of the item said anything to you about their item while you've been busy getting the runaround with USPS?

Please use plain text.
green-night
Community Member

in reply to njicoins

Is your buyer saying that haven't received? 

Please use plain text.
green-night
Community Member

in reply to marnotom!

Oh Hi Marno.  Here we go again. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to marnotom!

marnotom! wrote:

Has the buyer of the item said anything to you about their item while you've been busy getting the runaround with USPS?

Not yet. But I can tell that this mail is gonna die. It will take at least 5 business days for an international Priority Express Mail delivery. But, usually, the mail MUST be at Chicago International Airport now (it takes maximum 3 days the Express Mail going from local post office to the USPS International Departure pont for after being put in), and MUST have at least 6 scans now (arrived/left scans at the original point, regional processing center and the Chicago Int'l Airport), even any scan was lost at any check point, it won't be lost at the next, unless the mail was totally lost at the VERY BEGINNING. If it is a First Class or a Priority Mail then it's very common that a no scan mail can still be delivered after 3-5 days but not for the Express Mail with over $200 insurance on it...the USPS may be sleepy on most regular mails but never on Insured (over $200) Express and will never miss any scan for them.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to njicoins

Then I'd say that in this case, no news would likely be good news.

I suppose you could also try tracking the item on the Hong Kong Post website if you want to be really thorough about this, though.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to njicoins
Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to frombrazil-2008
Please use plain text.
thebestfrozentoys
Community Member

in reply to njicoins

They can investigate it.

eventulaly they alll have survelence cameras an this can be proven.

Please use plain text.
recped
Community Member

in reply to njicoins

I paid almost $50 to ship an International Priority Express Mail (USPS Flat Padded Envelope) to Hong Kong on Nov 4th,

By any chance did you mean December?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Please use plain text.