cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I retrieve the Ebay ad info for this item I purchased back in April 2004?

The seller was from the Channel Islands and told me that this helmet was from a General that was in charge of the occupation of that island through WWI.ET64 M16 FELDGRAU-1.JPGET64 M16 FELDGRAU-2.JPGgh WWI. WWI GERMAN HELMETWWI GERMAN HELMET

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No, Ebay doesn't keep that information very long.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

No, Ebay doesn't keep that information very long.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Thanks. I was afraid that info from back then would not be available. The seller was a Channel Islander himself and gave me the General's name and everything. I missed place that history to my great chagrin. He only sold me this helmet on Ebay because he was raising money to finish the restoration he was doing on an antique Alpha Romeo race car. Thanks Again, Mark (1916camo)ALFA ROMEO NIGEL-1.jpgALFA ROMEO NIGEL-2.jpgALFA ROMEO NIGEL-3.jpgCOLLECTION-DDD.JPGCOLLECTION-BBB.JPG

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@1916camo 

If you know the exact title that was used in the auction, you can try searching for it in google or on www.worthpoint.com.

That website archives sales data from eBay and some other websites, and stores the pictures and descriptions. You have to have a subscription to get the price data, but if what you want is the description, then this is your best chance (only chance, as far as know).

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Thank You. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

you might look at this text and see if one of the names rings a bell.

https://www.axishistory.com/books/146-germany-heer/heer-static-commands/2498-befehlshaber-kanalinsel...

if not, try to remember which of the isles the guy was on and eventually find an address of car collector clubs.

the many M16 helmets he had and the new-looking inner leather protection makes me think that the guy may as well have made a buck or two with copies to fix his car.

good luck.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

No, the helmet is completely original and is just that nice. I'm an advanced collector myself and know the difference between originals and reproductions. I'll keep trying to get the information I need by other helpful sources. Thanks anyway. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Did the seller give you a feedback or did you give him a feedback?  If yes, see if you can find it and then contact the seller.   Did you use paypal?  Do you know the date more or less when you bought it?  Go to paypal , sign in and look under HISTORY.     If you find it, there should be an email address or at least the seller's ID.   Goodluck.  Nice helmet collection.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

See if you find the car on the internet. Perhaps he finished it and if you locate a photo of the car. Perhaps the seller put the car in a show somewhere.  Goodluck.  Anyway, I just realized the helmet collection belongs to that seller.  

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

thanks  thank you

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I can not find anything about Germans occupying the Islands during WWI.  I found information that they occupy during WWII and had three different Generals during that time.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Interesting.  I  had a helmet given to my hubby by a famous World War ll general, his great uncle, and nobody believed it had belonged to the general because it was actually an Australian helmet. I posted pics and asked for help describing it and some fine posters in military told me it was Australian and from WW1 and doubted it came from the general. But it did. He had collected everything military and when my husband went to military school he gave him a trunk filled with military junk.  

Message 13 of 13
latest reply