Antiques and Research
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Do you know these biscuit jars?

I have spent the last two days researching two biscuit barrels/jars that I think are Wave Crest. The problem is I can't find them anywhere so don't have a clue what they're worth. Have any of you seen these exact jars before and if so where can I fin...

Biscuit Jar with Cover-Germany- A.jpg 58.jpg

Dragon wall sculpture dance mask

Hello, Can anyone tell me what specifically this is? I did some research and all I could come up with was maybe it is a decorative dance mask. The back is signed AR. It is about 8 1/4" long and 6 1/2" wide. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Mine...

old statue

Can anyone tell me anything about these 2 statues, what are they made of, where are they from, how old, are they a set? Please help if you can

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Lighter I.D.

I was told this was brought back to U.S. after Korean war. Tried searching web for similar without much luck. On belly,near front legs,has the no. 59876. By rear legs, "patent ????". Underneath that " Made in Japan". Entire body seems to be the tank ...

Help in identifying Silver Mark

I posted this in the Jewelry board, but may be someone here can help me figure out what country silver mark this if any, I am leaning towards Finland, but am not sure.Kindly,Eva

1908374_10152561120871210_3666830183791038728_n.jpg img582.jpg img583.jpg img587.jpg
User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Vintage or antique Carved Wood northwest Indian Totem..HELP with age?

This carved wood totem came from a large estate which has included lots of native american items. One item was a carved argillite totem..I'm hoping this wood totem is from a similar area or artist. Thanks for looking and giving me any suggestions on ...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Strange pictorial button

I have 7 antique pierced brass large coat buttons with what appears to be backed with deer? hide with hair/fur still attached behind the peircing. I thought it was felted wool but a closer look showed hairs.Pic is typical bird in flight with trees..h...

Antique Tin Wind- up Toy

i recently acquired a german ebo pao pao wind up peacock tin toy . i believe it's from 1908 - 1918. i am unable to post photo's butit's in real good condition and works. anyone know the approximate value it would have ?

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors