Antiques and Research
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Silver (Plate?) Tea/Coffee Set

I have a four piece set that is marked Made in Sheffield/England .There is a series of maker's marks that will take a bit of work to image.SO maybe I can shortcut the evaluation by determining whether it's silver or silverplate.I suspect it's from th...

User avatar by Guide
  • 2 replies
  • 1 helpful

Help identifying makers mark

I picked up a porcelain tureen & centerpiece. At first I thought it was Capodimonte but can't find a makers mark that matches theirs. Does anyone have any ideas on who the maker is?

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Wood Mirror Portoro measuring <> 5' x 3 1/2'

Hello, I was told by previos owner that this mirror is at least 40 years old. It has "941 Portoro" written on the back. I've only found one mention on google of Portoro used in conjunction with a mirror, and that was on a storage auction site which h...

A detailed carved caned chair. Where did it come from?

I am considereing this chair. It is very ornately carved and has a cane seat and back. In good shape, but I don't know anything else about it. Is it worth $50? I would be investing to resell if that helps. Where did the chair come from? My Mother was...

1882869_0.jpg 1882870_0.jpg 1882871_0.jpg
User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help Identify Corn Vase Porcelain

Hi we have this vase which is very old, we do not know where our great grandparents got it the top is broken but it is so unusual if someone can identitfy it ,we would like to have it repaired Thanks

bowl with crown mark on back

Hi,I would appreciate your thoughts on this bowl. I acquired it from my family 40 years ago, and know nothing of its history prior to that. My family did collect antique. Thanks!!!

need help to ID norwegian silver spoons

Have a set of six 4.75" silver spoons in a box with a banner in the corner stating: MAGNUS AASE, Strandkaien 6 Bergen. On the back of the spoons, there are two letter "K"s back-to-back, followed by "NS" and "60". I cannot determine if these spoons ar...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help With Antique Chair Identification

I purchased this chair a while back, but don't know how to describe it. It is very old, has hand pegs, mahogany construction. Can anyone tell me what style this is called, and any possible guess as to its age? I'd like to do some research, but don't ...

xxxx xxxx 1 01 .jpg
Most Marked as Helpful Authors