Antiques and Research
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Sugar chest or blanket chest?

I have a chest that appears to be an early sugar chest but would like opinions. It is in 2 pieces, the top chest fitting on top of the drawer section. There is a lock on both pieces, with no evidence of a partition in top. It seems to be too small to...

Vintage pair of small alibaster or marble lamps

Hello allI a stumped on these. They are a pair of solid alibaster or marble lamps and shades. Each one measures 7" tall x 4.5" wide. They are carved where the darker brownish color is recessed. They have never been wired. They came from my wife's gra...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Vintage/Antique Sewing Table

Hi all, I happen upon this awesome sewing table with inlaid ruler/measuring tape and would like to know more about it. Perhaps one or more of you can provide some historical information. I'm interested in the era of the piece, what the wood type is a...

IMG_3813.JPG IMG_3792.JPG IMG_3819.JPG IMG_3815.JPG

Information On Furniture Please

I just bought these and dont know anything about them. There are no tags I can find. There are numbers written in pencil on the backs of the drawers. Most of the hardware appears handmade but some of the screws are more modern. One piece is on brass ...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Any info on these Chairs would be appreciated

I purchased these Chairs are an Estate sale elderly lady said they were her fathers who was a Mason. The underside is covered with Burlap (like old feed bags) that are very dry and crumbling in places but attached for the most part. Chairs are Dark G...

Help on oriental object please

Looking for any info on what to call this...age...etc. Stands about 4 inches tall, made of wood and metal. Many thanks for sharing your knowledge!

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Identifying Antique Brass Hookah

Hello, we came across an antique hookah brought home from the Vietnam war. It's 5"1', silvery brass (One person told us silver brass is typically from Persia) and it has Arabic written on a sticker near the bottom. The only other markings seem to be ...

20180309_111326.jpg 20180309_111302.jpg 20180309_111215.jpg 20180309_111208 (1).jpg

1662 Wood Round Plate/Bowl

A friend found this round 11" in diameter wood bowl/plate. It is hand paintedOn back it reads "Wife of The Royal Gallery, Amsterdam" Painted 1662 Sketched 1883 Does anyone have any idea about this ite

thumbnail.jpeg

Identify Cameo

I need help with identifying and placing a value on this pin. I have had it tested and it is 10k gold but there are no marks on it ANYWHERE. Help! ThanksShell

20180307_144836.jpg 20180307_144847.jpg

Miniature alcohol bottles

Can anyone tell me the best resource for identifying and pricing miniature alcohol bottles? The ones I have are ones you see on airplanes and many still have the alcohol in them. Any thoughts??

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors