Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please - Identify Eagle symbol & folder use

Picture 134.jpg

Picture 135.jpg

Picture 137.jpg

Help with Gold Eagle Mark on Wallet

I would appreciate help identifying what is the symbol of this gold eagle imprint.

It is on the inside flap of a black leather billfold or folder  that my mother had with a number of

miscellaneous antiques.

I don't recognize this insignia or the billfold that is black and is 6" wide by 3 3/4" when closed

Thanks so much

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

On second thought, double headed eagle on a Maltese cross was also Russian-Romanov...perhaps the wallet held a medal of some sort? is it possible to make out the words under the eagle? any of the words? 

Found this on Pinterest by "Danny L" he calls this medal the "Anastasia's regimental badge" Your stamp is missing the crown...

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Interesting possibility. No. I can't make out the words. Thanks so much for your ideas.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Wow-- that is amazing that you found this -- the story of the double headed eagle. Do you think this was used as a billfold or any ideas?? Thanks so much.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Does it read by chance...............Spes Mea In Deo Est.............which translates to My Hope is in God.......which would be a Scottish Rite Masonic Crest

“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” ~~Albert Pike, Freemason
Message 6 of 6
latest reply