cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Find These To Research

I have a local antiques dealer coming over in the morning and I've spent days trying to research what I have to sell. The following items I couldn't find. The decorative mirror simplys says, "Tyre Bros. #6" which hasn't been of much help. The other items have no markings whatsover. You people are so much smarter than me about this stuff. I'm at the mercy of this dealer who I suspect knows a whole lot more about all of this. The painting of the Asian lady is 31.5 X 52 inches. Thanks.

Two Candle Candelabra - Gilman Gollamore & Co. 5th.jpgTyre Bros. Co.jpgDecorative Candy Dish 3.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Can't Find These To Research

"The painting of the Asian lady is "  is a male royal

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Now that I look closer it does look like a man yet the brief description on the back states it is a woman. Thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

can you post a photo of the bottom of the candle holder and the back of the mirror.

Myra
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

What are the dimensions of the mirror please?  Certainly looks like it is Victorian in age.  Do the sides have a place that appear like it was attached to something (possible vanity arms?

@sandysfineantiques wrote:

I have a local antiques dealer coming over in the morning and I've spent days trying to research what I have to sell. The following items I couldn't find. The decorative mirror simplys says, "Tyre Bros. #6" which hasn't been of much help. The other items have no markings whatsover. You people are so much smarter than me about this stuff. I'm at the mercy of this dealer who I suspect knows a whole lot more about all of this. The painting of the Asian lady is 31.5 X 52 inches. Thanks.

Two Candle Candelabra - Gilman Gollamore & Co. 5th.jpgTyre Bros. Co.jpgDecorative Candy Dish 3.jpg

SGibson
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

gibsonskkw4,

While the mirror may look Victorian, it isn't. The company that made it, Tyre Brothers, was not in business during the Victorian period, and the figures on the mirror aren't the quality one would expect from a real Victorian mirror. It's just a contemporary decorator item made within the last 30 of 40 years.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Oh yes you did meniton Ty Brothers, I didn't even think to look, it's quite lovely.

SGibson
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

By chance do you have the lid to the red flash candy dish?  (mainly would like to see the finial) And a clearer pic of the pedastal? I found one, have attached the picture, but its an unknown also.  Might have to do this the old fashioned way and look through my library of books ha ha

SGibson
Message 8 of 8
latest reply