cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone identify this antique tin pot with wood ball roller?

Any information, thoughts, or guesses as to what this may have been used for or the age would be much appreciated! It measures about 12" x 5" in height and is made of tin. It contains a wood roller ball with indentations in the pot, and has pat applied for stamped on the handle.

IMG_0344.jpgIMG_0345.jpgIMG_0346.jpg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Can anyone identify this antique tin pot with wood ball roller?

What did the patent say? Did you google it?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

It just says patent applied for, doesn't give a number, manufacturer, or other info. Is there a way to find the patent without a patent number, manufacturer, or idea of age?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I thought about that once I hit send I've tried looking it up on google image, etc with nothing even close I hope someone here knows something
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

BTT anyone?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Some kind of early pressure cooker? Obviously something is missing, but when the pressure would build up the wooden ball would block the hole. Hmmmmmm?
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Of course I am not knowing, but it gives me the vibe of being Colonial era, just by looking at it and being constructed of tin.  I suggest contacting the staff at Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia.  I have done so with things and got very prompt and accurate info. I even got an offer from the Historical Society for an item once that ended up as part of a kitchen display in one of the walk-though cottages.  If it is of that historical time - they can ID it for you.

Good luck.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply