cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help Identify possible vintage jewelry

I would appreciate any information related to this piece of jewelry OR help on where to find this information. I believe this is a bracelet. It does need repairing at 1 of the joints!

- Is this vintage/time period

-no makers mark, but if this may look like a specific makers piece & who

-how to describe what this is, etc.

Thank you in advance for your time & any information you may have.

Regards,

K.J. F.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Please help Identify possible vintage jewelry

Gorgeous!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Old timers in the antique jewelry shows sold these as "Turkish made,painted with a single Camel hair. At one point and time they sold for high dollar (80s & 90s time frame) The material it is painted on is "Mother of Pearl" sometimes they used bone.

Pin pointing a time frame may be hard any where from Victorian thru the  30s. Not sure when the work ended however something similur was made by artist in China using different themes.Its possible they were both making them at the same time frame. I havent seen one in years, use to see them at least once a month. So maybe you have something that is very rare now and worth some money, enough to warrent getting it fixed. The little flower (clasp?) may tell the time frame.Nice to see the panels are not scratched up. 

Maybe someone has some real info that can help you out.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thank you very much! Your information was extremely helpful. Very much appreciated,

Regards,

K.J.F.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Looks like the  art is painted on mother of pearl or perhaps ivory in which case  you could not sell on Ebay as it is not allowed.  The bracelet is not perfect but it is antique, and I would take the expertise of others butdo further research.  Asian figures painted on stone are very desirable. Always do your homework first. Hope that this helps.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I've seen these referred to as Persian storytelling bracelets--is one panel on yours blank?
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Persian Enameled Silver Pictorial Bracelet, it is Persian or Iranian made in city of Isfehan. low carat silver and enameled abalone plates.  The man and woman are dressed in fashion of Safavid dynasty. (15-18 century ) 

You may want to repair the hinges or disclose the damage on your sales venue. 

Cute, 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Oh, now reading what I wrote one more time, I made a mistake somewhere, I meant; " ... low Karat Silver..." meaning it is not Sterling 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply