cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help ID Vintage Studio Jewelry - Signed with zigzag, aquarius symbol or joined MW and year date mark

It was suggested on the Ebay categories, collectible and arts discussion board that I join this group to see if the folks here could help id the maker of a collection of jewelry I recently purchased.  Originally I thought they might be Native American, but the concensus on the board is they are most likely studio pieces with Modernist, Native American, and Egyptian influence.  All of the pieces pictured have the same mark that is shown in the first picture.  They have different two digit years following the signatures.  I believe the 2 digit numbers are the year because one piece has a full date and inscription for the person it was made for.  Thanks for any and all input!

Here is the mark and the front of the brooch - see the zigzag mark under 1 rectangle and the 65 under the other

markfront

These are additional pieces with the same mark:

ring

ring

pin

It's not all jewelry - there is this enamel over copper salt as well - views

pot2

pot

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Help ID Vintage Studio Jewelry - Signed with zigzag, aquarius symbol or joined MW and year date

They look like art/jewelry school projects. The zigzag mark made by a flat graver looks like "MW".

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: Help ID Vintage Studio Jewelry - Signed with zigzag, aquarius symbol or joined MW and year date

Thanks hollyblue -

Some of the pieces have marks where there are dots on the start and endpoints of the zigzag.  There are also year dates from 1965 through 1970 that I have seen.  See the dots on these cufflinks:

cl

mark

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Long shot but checkout RCJ, Ciner Manufactiring, there is a very similar zig zag filed in 1993.

http://www.illusionjewels.com/costumejewelrymarksc.html

my-ricky
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

also perhaps check out Thomas Mann and this link...see second page..."conjoined WM" sand Thomas Mann...

http://www.modernsilver.com/mysterymarks2.htm

my-ricky
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I don't see any dots in the cuff link photo.I still think this is student work due to the over heated and bubbled solder on the front of the cuff links.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Forgive my poor image of the previous mark - here's a better one!
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Besides the zigzag mark, is that another mark right above it?

Eva
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

It is 69 for the year 1969.  All of the pieces that I found with this mark also have a 2 digit year. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply