cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone tell me what this stuff is? Buttons?

IMG_6160.JPGthere are screws on the back of them and I got a bunch from a warehouse of vintage jewelry supplies. The silver ones on the bottom have setting spots for square stones that are not in them yet. Are they half of a cufflink? Abutton? Too short for an earring! If it is any of those then what does the other side look like?IMG_6161.JPGIMG_6164.JPGIMG_6165.JPG

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Can anyone tell me what this stuff is? Buttons?

I found 2 more styles of the same theme, with the screw back!IMG_6246.JPGIMG_6248.JPG

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I have been pondering these interesting items since you posted them and the only suggestion I can come up with is that they may be dress shirt studs, missing the backs.  You seem to have 4 in each group and it seems to me that is how these studs are sold.

Please let us know if you solve this puzzle, they are very interesting and may be of use to a crafter if you can not complete them with the backs.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Very interesting and intriging~Maybe militray affliated? Just guessing perhaps for cuff's....not sure, but would like to know as well 🙂

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Me to I got a couple similar to that from a couple of jewelry jars from the thrift store no matching pairs though. I'm a guy nearly 50 I love getting jewelry jars they are fun to pick through like treasure hunting

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I would think if four, then perhaps cuffs and collar? you would need four for that...if more, buttons?

http://www.oldbuttonsshop.com/products-page/antique/

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/sewing/buttons

Interesting reads~ 🙂

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

i have an older friend who worked in the garment mills for years here in PA. I am going to show her the pics, maybe she has an answer.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

If you find out let us know, I would like to know the missing intriguing piece 🙂

Message 8 of 8
latest reply