cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any idea what era this Vogue Brooch was made

I found  another brooch , only smaller ,  like this and it  said Sterling. This one  does not look like sterling & it is not marked as such . could this be rose gold? It is in excellant condition . There is another mark , but I cannot read it . Maybe you can. Thank you very much. And thank you for the help on my other brooch.

amber 001.JPGturq w  clear stones pin 009.JPGturq w  clear stones pin 013.JPG2x2 1/22x2 1/2turq w  clear stones pin 014.JPGturq w  clear stones pin 012.JPGback  of pin 002.JPGback  of pin 006.JPGback  of pin 003.JPG 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Any idea what era this Vogue Brooch was made

Another great find.  It was common to have a gold overlay over silver with vintage jewelry. The  markings on the back appear to be hallmarks, probably European. I can't tell if one of the marks is 800 which would indicate silver, but the hallmarks probably would tell you more with some online research.  Sometimes the sterling mark 800 or 925 can be on the pin, but you need a good magnifying glass. Good luck with these pieces.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Any idea what era this Vogue Brooch was made

Thank you for  that info. I will check it out. I actually   bought these a long time ago , but never researched them .  I have a large costume jewelry collection.   I appreciate you taking the time  to look at my pieces. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply