cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Pictures

Just a few random pictures in my daughter's newly painted (not quite finished, DH has to touch up areas) 'clubhouse' or 'secret laire' or whatever she is calling it today. It's our hall storage closet that we are converting. LOL.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Random Pictures

I echo Ally's comments.....you have a beautiful family! Thank you so much for sharing! I got such a kick out of the Clarisa and Lanie at Fort Wilderness and Disney. The photo of them on the carousel is priceless! You did a great job with putting them in situations.....each one made me giggle more than the next one. Loved the one of them looking into the mirror too. And then when you had them tucked in at night after their busy day.....so sweet. It looked like you had great fun! American Girl Co. should have paid you for good public relations! My question: Did you purchase the Mickey Mouse hats for them? So cute....you have to remember I am from the generation where the MM Club was a BIG deal! Lanie's hair: From what you described I bet her hair is like Ruthie's. Thinking back Samantha was the only PM AG with curly hair and the PM Samantha's hair was made of a different material (very heavy) and it was thick so it holds the curl. Downside is that it does get split ends with age. The Mattel dolls have fine hair and not so thick so although it holds the curls, it gets messy if you just pick them up....still darling though. My Ruthie's hair has a lot of flyaways...not that noticeable until I tried to do a close-up photo of her. Thanks again for sharing! charyll
Message 16 of 28
latest reply

I did not buy the Mickey Mouse hats, but did think about it. It's amazing what you can find to fit them. LOL.

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

Maybe they are sold on line. Are they being marketed as 18" doll MM hats? Were they being sold at the same place you purchased the pretty dresses? Was there a whole section devoted to 18" doll clothes? Sorry for all the questions....inquiring minds want to know :-)charyll
Message 18 of 28
latest reply

No, they were being sold as plush toy hats, not 18" doll hats. It was from "Once Upon a Toy" in Downtown Disney. The Pink MM hat that comes on the "My Disney Girl" 18" doll is very cute. I wish I could have just bought the outfit and not the doll. I see they sell the doll and outfit online now. http://www.disneystore.com/disney-parks/toys/my-disney-girl-dolls/c/303303/ -- Edited by carolina*girl*24 at 01/21/2010 6:54 PM PST

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

I never did take a picture of the Clarissa in the Korean Hanbok. Got these in the mail today so I had to try them on.

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

Very nice! Lanie does a great split doesn't she!
Message 21 of 28
latest reply

Yes she does. Now DD wants to make one of those stop-motion videos. LOL. This uniform matches my DD's uniform as you can see in my profile picture. Here is a pic of DD and her friend in their uniform so you can see how well they match. On the next competition day (Feb 27th) I am going to take pictures of DD with the dolls in their matching uniforms. I ordered these from dollcheerleadinguniform.com as the other site's e-mail wasn't working for a while but are adorable too. The other site is just2cute.com Not sure if I mentioned it before, I kinda think I did mention it.
-- Edited by carolina*girl*24 at 02/19/2010 3:58 AM PST

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

Pictures today!

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

All the girls of all ages wanted to play with the dolls in their cheer uniforms!

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

The girls are so cute and talented! The dolls look adorable in their uniforms also. Great trophy and they deserve it!! Ally
Message 25 of 28
latest reply

Don't know if you can access this site where you are now stationed Caroline but just now saw these photos...feel badly that I didn't see them before. The dollys' uniforms match perfectly the girls' uniforms. Thanks for the link. Your daughter and friend are so darling! Congrats to them for winning such a big trophy. A lot of people don't realize but cheerleaders are athletics as much as say football players are...they have to be in great shape to do those routines. charyll
Message 26 of 28
latest reply

Thanks. I am not in Korea yet. I have just been really busy preparing for them. I have another cheerleading uniform coming soon since my daughter changed cheer gyms. Yes, it's very athletic. They don't have pom poms, etc like football cheerleaders. It's more about tumbling, dance, and flying (the girls who are put up in the air to do stunts).

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

Good to hear from you! I know you must be so busy! Please keep us informed! And if you ever have YouTube posted of your daughter's cheer team performing, I would enjoy watching it. charyll
Message 28 of 28
latest reply