cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for everyone...

Hello. Since I am relatively new to this group and it has been a little quiet. I thought I would ask everywhere a few questions. Of course skip the questions you don't want to answer. 1. Where are you from? (state/region) 2. How did you "get into" (collecting/playing/adoring) American Girl Doll? 3. How many AG dolls do you have? 4. What other non-AG dolls do you have/had/want?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Question for everyone...

1. Where are you from? (state/region) -- currently living in Tampa, FL... but that will change soon. 2. How did you "get into" (collecting/playing/adoring) American Girl Doll? -- I knew about AG dolls for a long time but didn't think daughter was old enough or ready for them. She is more into her stuff animals than other dolls. But then when she asked for one, I got her one for her 6th birthday! 3. How many AG dolls do you have? -- We just have 2. A "Just Like You" doll and a Lanie doll. 4. What other non-AG dolls do you have/had/want? -- I myself have 8 cabbage patch dolls from when they were the doll to have. I am 35 years old and my dad stood in line for hours to get me a cabbage patch doll for christmas when I was a kid. Yeah dad! They are in storage and not in good shape since when we lived overseas the military stored them in a non a/c storage unit. I haven't taken time to clean them but can't bring myself to get rid of them either. I would love to give them to a good home like a collector if I could find one. I don't think DD will ever play with these.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Good questions! 1. I live in central Ohio where we just broke a 100 year record for the most snow fall ever in the month of February! So the reason I have not been posting is my fingers are frozen! :^O When are you planning on moving? 2. I saw an ad in a magazine (forget which one as this was many years ago for Samantha...she reminded me of my childhood doll, a Vogue Ginny, so I requested a Pleasant Company catalog and was hooked! I currently have 14 AGs, including my original Samantha, and two Bitty Babies, and one Miss AG Bear. I have a Kirsten mini but that was before they made them look descent....when the minis first came out they were scary looking...I have a scary looking mini Kirsten! :8} I don't believe they had their web site back then because not that many people had PCs in their homes. 3. I also collect Vogue Ginny and her family, Boyds Bears, and although I have several other dolls, ie Ann Estelle dolls, I do not "collect" them. I have a cute Cabbage Patch doll that I have several clothing patterns but have yet to make her anything. I remember well those days of standing in line for the Cabbage Patch Doll. What a super Dad you have!!! You may want to do some research as I imagine your dolls could be worth some money these days. Thanks for asking! Eager to hear from others! charyll
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

When am I moving? Well... I leave this summer to go to Korea for a year (without the family), then the following summer the entire family is moving to San Antonio. My dad, step-mom, and 2 Korean sisters are in Korea not to far from where I will be living for a year.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

1. I live in west central NJ over by the Delaware River across from Pennsylvania near Trenton. 2. I knew about American Girl dolls but collected Vogue Ginny. Another collector of Ginny told me more about them and I bought Molly on Ebay because I sort of look like her. 3. I think I have 16 AGs now but maybe more. 4. I have a few Vogue Ginny dolls which are 8 inch hard plastic dolls from the 1950s. I had one in 1955 but only had two outfits so I decided to collect her outfits and along the way I got a few more Ginny dolls.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Are you going on a mission trip to Korea? charyll
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

No, I am active duty military. Been in 15 years... 5 more to go.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thank you for your service!! Will you be able to post here from there or will we not hear from you for a year? I'm glad you have some family nearby over there. Ally
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Ok here goes answer ton your questions. 1.I am from Illinois. 2.saw ad and sent for catalog and fell in love.I was already a doll collector at the time. 3.I have 2 large dolls 18'Molly and Emily.Have mini Molly,Emily,Samantha,Felicity,Addy,Kit,Kaya,Nellie and Elizabeth. 4.I also collect all kinds of other dolls.Shirley Temple,Marie Osmond,hard plastic dolls from 50's up,some Barbies. Thanks for your service to our country.Pam
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Yes, I will be able to post from Korea. I will be taking a lot of on-line classes trying to finish my degree, so not sure how much I will be on e-bay.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I'm glad to know that we might hear from you now and then. And of course when you get back we will hear from you, right? Ally
Message 11 of 11
latest reply